The Austin Linux Meetup Message Board › Seeking experienced PHP/MySQL software developer
Affinegy, located in Austin, Texas, provides software that makes wireless and broadband networking easy, reliable, and secure. We are the company that broadband service providers turn toward to enable the "digital living" experience for consumer subscribers. It starts with taking the mystery out of home networking and wireless networking on-the-go through an intuitive and universal software solution we’ve created for configuring and managing consumer network experiences. It works on the gear the service provider delivered to the consumer and equally well on the "regular router" the consumer picked up at a large retail store. It extends to gaming, video and music entertainment, and mobile communications to embrace the digital living transformations taking place today and that are continuing to evolve. Our solutions have been in volume deployment with Time Warner Cable, Cox Communications, Charter, and more, with international deployments coming and to be announced soon.
We’re growing and have immediate openings for software developers who thrive in dynamic, entrepreneurial environments. Our team is passionate and committed to our customers and to each other. Every employee is a key contributor at Affinegy. If you’re looking for a company environment where you have an impact and benefit from your contributions, look no further. Review what we’re seeking, and introduce yourself to Affinegy if you believe there is a great match!
We’re looking for software developers with a dedication to the creation of high-quality software. As part of a highly talented and motivated development team, you will apply your knowledge of Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP to extending our data collection and reporting server product. A strong love of learning is essential, as are the ability to work well in our team, an aptitude for solving problems, and the drive to excel.
The Software Developer is expected to:
• Collaboratively design and develop standards-based server software to collect data from various clients, and provide a web-based interface for authenticated users to manipulate and view reports on this data
• Investigate and correct software defects
• Estimate effort requirements for software enhancements and new software
• Participate in informal design and code reviews
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• 5 years software development, with demonstrated success creating released software
• Experience with PHP, MySQL, and Apache on Linux
• Experience programmatically constructing SQL queries
• Experience interfacing XML and Databases
• Network Operations Center experience a plus
• Unix (any flavor) system administration
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Computer Science degree preferred)
ATTRIBUTES and SKILLS
• Quick and avid learner; thrives in fast-paced environments
• Dedication to the creation of high-quality code
• Highly efficient, execution-tuned
• A high degree of self-motivation and ambition.
• Pursues excellence
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Communicate effectively within team.
• Ability to develop complex web-based software
• Proficiency in the following
• HTML, CSS, and AJAX
• XML and XML Schemas
• Broadband, consumer, and wireless networks
• Expert in relational database architecture, design and implementation
• Knowledge of human-computer interface usability design for software applications a plus
E-mail your resume to: dkadosh :affinegy.com