align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Austin Linux Meetup Message Board › Linux Meetup October Meeting, etc.

Linux Meetup October Meeting, etc.

Bob C.
bob_carnaghi
Austin, TX
Folks:

I'm sending out this email to inform you of several items, listed below:

• There is a position available at ACC (Austin Community College) for a Network Tech. The position will involve administrating a Linux network plus other duties. It's a cool gig. Check the Meetup Message Board for details.
  • I've updated the topic for the October meeting. The topic will be: Linux esoterica:Linux little-known esoterica: Automounter, creating a shared directory for collaboration, the "sticky bit", filesystem ACLs, and more. Don't miss it. Check the Meetup Calendar for more details.
  • I'd really like to move our meeting location. I've tried booking Mangia Pizza, but they're already reserved. Does anyone know of another location in our general vicinity? We've simply outgrown our current location at Triumph.

Thanks for your consideration. I hope to see you at the next Austin Linux Meetup.

Bob
Lloyd E.
LloydEwing
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
Bob,
It just occurred to me that Ross' Old Austin Cafe could possibly be a place to meet, although the location might be too far away from Triumph. 11800 N. Lamar, 835-2414 They have a long room with a door that might make a nice meeting room. Ross is an older guy who probably doesn't use computers, so you might want to check the Wifi yourself to see if it does what you want. They are nice folks.

Lloyd