The Austin Linux Meetup Message Board › Polycom is looking for a Video Software Engineer in Austin!
|A former member||
Job Title: Video Software Engineer
Provide in depth expertise in the research and development of advanced video compression algorithms for video conferencing. The ideal candidate should be familiar with compression standards such as ITU-T H.261, H.263, H.264, ISO MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC. In particular, the candidate has work experience in the development or research of H.264 codecs. The candidate is expected to play a key role in the development of video compression codecs for the company’s current and future video conferencing platforms.
• Master’s degree or higher in EE, Computer Science, Math or Physics.
• 3-5 years experience with H.264 AVC codec algorithm development.
• In depth knowledge and understanding of video compression tools used in video
• Strong optimization skills for real-time implementation of video compression algorithms on various DSP or SoC.
• 3 years working experience under Linux environment.
• Ability to work within a geographically diverse team.
• Must be able and willing to debug and fix issues in company’s existing product line.
• SVC codec algorithm research or development.
• Hands on experience with TI DSPs: DM6446, DM642, DM647/8, DM6467 or OMAP3.
Good understanding of image and video signal processing: filtering, scaling and sampling theory.
If you are interested in this role please send your resume to: