align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Austin Linux Meetup Message Board › Leaving my company as Sys Admin looking to train a replacement

Leaving my company as Sys Admin looking to train a replacement

A former member
Post #: 2
Company Background
Ice Water Media is a growing online marketing firm with over nine years in business. Our focus
is on technology and website development for lead generation. We operate many active website
properties and several software systems that have been built from the ground up.

Job Description
We are looking for a seasoned Linux Systems Administrator who will work directly under our CTO.
We do not “micro-manage” here, so you will be expected to handle assignments both on your own
and in a team environment. Responsibilities include maintenance of Windows desktops and Linux
servers in a VMWare environment, voice and data lines, networking equipment, backups, troubleshooting
issues and other systems administration duties. General availability for emergencies and off-hour
upgrades is required.

Minimum Work Experience
• 3+ Years Linux Systems Administration
• 2+ Years Windows Administration

Required Skills
• Linux Administration
• VMWare
• Fiber Channel & iSCSI SAN Experience
• MySQL Database Management
• LAMP/WAMP Stack

Other Important Areas
• Open Source Software
• Scripting, Light Programming and HTML
• Scalix or Exchange Server

Employment Benefits
• Full Medical and Dental (Paid By Company)
• Matched 401k
• Relaxed Dress Code
• Direct Interaction with Senior Management

To Apply
Please send resume and salary requirements.

Ice Water Media is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must be legally able to work in the US to apply.

You can email me directly asking about the job, this is the role I am leaving to work for rackspace, and I would like to help get someone who really can fit the roll and hit the ground running to help this company out they really have treated me well (and would treat you well also).

Thanks
David
Bill S
user 9248335
Austin, TX
Post #: 83
Pay range?
A former member
Post #: 3
Up to 60k I would think based on what I made.