LITE - Leadership Institute for Transformation & Empowerment Message Board › Law of Attraction & Self Sabotage

Law of Attraction & Self Sabotage

Rahmeir C.
user 8099429
Jackson, TN
Post #: 1
This is for anybody who can answer this question?
I was reading the Debbie Ford's book Why Good People Do Bad Things & she was saying that part of becoming whole is nurturing your dark side as well as the good side. That being good is not being whole & that we self sabotage by suppressing those thoughts or feelings. So my question is how do we nurture our dark side? It really conflicts with my understanding with the law of attraction that states: energy flows where attention goes!!!!
Timothy
user 8114902
Jackson, TN
Post #: 1
Great Question!

The answer lies within a clear understanding of "dark side" and "good side." Because of our conditioned views of dualistic thinking, we tend to look at ourselves as good, bad, or even both. We tend to celebrate the things about ourselves that society deems as "good," and shun the things that are frowned upon by others. The truth is, both good and bad must be reconciled to a unified awareness of unconditional love. In unconditional love there is no room to separate the "good" from the "bad" therefore, you have the capability to perceive the "bad" with clarity. Through this approach we don't waste energy dwelling on the things we don't like about ourselves but rather we understand that our actions have consequences. Therefore, we change our awareness by nurturing the "dark side" with love and responsibility, but at the same time keeping our focus on the things we desire without self sabotaging ourselves.

Hope this helped,
Timothy
Rahmeir C.
user 8099429
Jackson, TN
Post #: 3
Yeah that did help out a lot & your right I have always seen them as seperate either your one or the other. The unified awareness of the two does bring clarity & makes sense. Since childhood I was brought up as either your one or the other & was never taught how to face or even acknowledge certain feelings or thoughts. So yeah this helped a lot with my question thanks for the insight!!!!!!