Logan Square Book Club Message Board › First Meetup is Approaching!

First Meetup is Approaching!

Marie W.
user 35170942
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
Post #: 1
Hello All! How's the reading coming? We only have two weeks left before our FIRST meetup. Personally, I'm not near as far as I'd like to be, but the book just got really interesting, so I should get through it pretty easily.

With that said, Nothin' Less Coffee House is quite small, and I fear that it doesn't have the space to accommodate a 23-person book club. Does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative meetup spot?

Moreover, if you RSVP'd "Yes," but you don't think you will get through the book in time, or you don't think that you will be able to make it this time around, please change your RSVP and we will plan, accordingly.

Thanks again, and I can't wait until the 20th.
A former member
Post #: 6
Marie,
Filter in Wicker park might be a bigger place than the original location. I agree for all us of to be courteous and make appropriate changes to RSVP status if not able to attend.
Marie W.
user 35170942
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
Post #: 2
That's a great idea. I was hoping to keep the location in the Logan Square area, but I can't think of a spot with sufficient space. Any suggestions? If not, I will change the meetup location to Filter.

Thanks!!
Marie W.
user 35170942
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
Post #: 3
TOMORROW!! Have you guys been able to finish the book? I just finished it last night. I have some thoughts. . . . I'm sad to see that less people are attending, but I appreciate that you updated your RSVP so that we can plan accordingly. For all who have RSVP'd but will not make it tomorrow night, please change your status!

For those who will make it tomorrow, what do you think about the Boiler Room as the location of our first meetup? Either Boiler Room or Filter -- PLEASE let me know your thoughts and I will update the location tonight!

Can't wait 'til tomorrow!
A former member
Post #: 1
i am open to either location..... have we decided on a final location for the group?
A former member
Post #: 2
also if i must choose...i choose boiler room
Marie W.
user 35170942
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
Post #: 4
Boiler Room it is! Everybody check it out. The location has changed. Can't wait to see everybody tomorrow at the Boiler Room!
Marie W.
user 35170942
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
Post #: 6
Thanks to all who came out on Tuesday. I had a wonderful time, and I am really looking forward to next month's discussion.