Meeting for Millbrae Sierra Club Members for the Millbrae Cool City Team.
Please join other Millbrae residents to talk about what Millbrae should do to make our town a leader in sustainable living. Tonight is a chance to meet our fellow Millbrae residents, talk about what each of us cares about and begin to make a plan of action for Millbrae.
At our first meeting the following ideas were discussed as goals for Millbrae Cool City Team:
· Get Millbrae to adopt a Climate Adaptation plan and to implement actions
· Get Millbrae to reinvigorate the City’s Climate Action Plan and implement more actions
· Get City to implement more water conservation efforts including landscaping
· Ensuring the City has installed solar panels on city facilities, then encouraging more solar on residential and commercial rooftops.
· Creating an Environmental Section with comprehensive environmental reference books and media at the Millbrae Library
· Enacting or updating environmental landscape ordinance that also encourages bees and other beneficial insects for Millbrae
· Creating programs to get children, parents and adults to get out and enjoy nature – expand walking trails.
· Supporting the role out of food scrap collection for residents and commercial food service businesses.
· Changing city garbage containers in downtown area to include places for recyclables.
· Create a listserve so Millbrae residents can discuss Millbrae specific environmental issues - DONE
· Create a community garden and drought tolerant demonstration garden potentially spin off a Garden Club.
· Support Local Food Movement “Locavore”
· Development at Site One and BART projects .
· Improving bicycle and walking safety
· Environmental Documentary Film and Discussion Series with Green Youth Alliance
Tasks the Loma Prieta Cool City Program encourages all Cities do:
· Create a Sustainable Living Commission
Please RSVP if you are coming so I can plan for food and drinks. If you can't make it but would like to join our Millbrae-Cool-City listserve, please send your contact information to me at [masked] and I'll add you to our discussion and action group. RSVP via MeetUp, email or by phone[masked]-6249.