align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

London Bisexuals Message Board › Bisexual Community in London and Beyond

Bisexual Community in London and Beyond

Closed to new replies

A former member
Post #: 1
How many of you have heard of the Bisexual Underground Meeting that's on the second Tuesday of the month at the Blue Posts on Newman St, off Oxford St? http://www.bisexualun...­
It's from 6.00pm to closing time. It's in the upstairs bar. They have the whole of the upstairs bar.

The Bisexual Underground London's Bisexual Pub Night
Upstairs bar The Blue Posts 81 Newman Street London, W1T 3EU
Tubes: Tottenham Court Road or Oxford Circus
Date: 11 November, 9 December and the second Tuesday of every month
Time: 6pm until 11pm

How many of you have heard of www.bi.org where there's lots of info for bisexuals?

How many of you have been to Bicon? An annual national weekend for bisexuals. See www.bicon2009.org.uk for more information about the one that will happen next Auigust

I just found out about your meetup because someone joined me as a friend of theirs who is part of your group.

I can't make Thursdays so I won't see you at your November meet up but I'll let my bi friends know about it.
A former member
I attended Bicon 2007 which was interesting lots of panels and topics to choose from if your interested in that sort of thing and a very nice atmosphere although the obvious bi couples as usual recieved unusual amount ( and in one case unwanted ) attention from single guys
John G
jgbreezer
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 13
I've been to the underground meetup (not really underground anymore, being on 1st floor!) er..3 times now, for anyone else reading and wondering more about it: its bigger and theres a very core regular crowd who are nearly always there. Still gets newbies each meeting though and as long as you make a friendly effort you won't be left alone to twiddle your thumbs.

This meetup gets more new members each meeting as a ratio, so it can vary quite a lot each time (but you always meet new people) and, I would guess, perhaps averages a slightly younger less geeky crowd (although I do my best to bias it back again - the geekiness I mean :-), but both worth checking out.
dib4uk
user 6522385
Croydon, GB
Well i've read about that site, and well the idea of going to the club on my own is kinda weird, and plus, you know its not open like most clubs which is odd.

But i would like to go just to see what its like.

John G
jgbreezer
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 51
Time to update Lisa's post!

The 1st Saturday now (asides a break of a few months recently, I think) has a Bi Coffee in London.
Twitter: bicoffeelondon
bi.org/bicoffeelondon/­

Bisexual Underground - still on 2nd Tuesday every month in the Blue Posts, see Lisa's first post above
Facebook: Group

There are other groups which have a fair amount of cross-over with many bisexuals, worth a quick mention - search on meetup/facebook (some members are also members and regular attenders of our group):

1st Tuesday - Poly meetup, for polyamorous folk (look it up if you're unfamiliar with the definition, note - NOT the same as poligamy!)

3rd Wed - London Poly Women
John G
jgbreezer
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 55
Merging in links from the Bi Website discussion (now not pinned anymore) for Bisexual community and social, news:

BisexualIndex.org.uk­

Uncharted-Worlds.org/bi­

BiCommunityNews.co.uk­

bi.org - with a dowloadable calendar of UK Bi events for your Google Calendar or other app ( http://resources.bi.o...­ )