addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

London Bisexuals Message Board › Website for Bi-sexual people (discussion, ideas)

Website for Bi-sexual people (discussion, ideas)

A former member
Hello All,

I am working on a website solely targeting Bi-Sexual people. (Of course anyone is welcome to join regardless of their sexuality!)Look out the space. I will publish the details here as soon as it is finished. In the mean time, any ideas/suggestion should you have for the website please feel free to let me know.

Cheers
Ryan
John G
jgbreezer
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 43
After the original idea was posted, there were a number of mails on the mailing list about it with suggestions and notes. I'll summarise them here for posterity and anyone who didn't see the original discussion...

• Spell bisexual without the hyphen and the capital s!
  • Study the sites that are already out there. This site should bring something different to be worth it. Educational? Dating purposes? Support?
  • One of the things that's missing right now is a listings site for bi events. Its difficult to find bi rather than gay events listed anywhere. (Outeverywhere does some but tend to be gay and bi not just bi)

Some other bi sites were mentioned:

BisexualIndex.org.uk­

Uncharted-Worlds.org/bi­

BiCommunityNews.co.uk­

bi.org - with a dowloadable calendar of UK Bi events for your Google Calendar or other app ( http://resources.bi.o...­ )

Also, not bi-specific, but one responder likes to use the hook up sections of craigslist, plenty of fish for dating.
A former member
Post #: 5
Hi Ryan, John.
Think I spoke to you at the last O bar meet up regarding your website idea.
Not sure if I said but that is what I do, build websites.
I’m happy to advise and discuss your ideas with a view to aiding you develop something.
I’m sorry but I do tend to be a little critical and the first thing that puzzles me is you state you want a site “solely for bi-sexual, but anyone can join” well it wont be solely if anyone joins your have to make bisexuality a requirement.

Craiglist was mentioned but from experience its not a lot of good, too many fraudsters, fakes and spammers, guess that’s why the personals section of Gumtree died.

Anyway as said im happy to discuss your ideas but a contact site is a lot of work and making it pay is another feat, I would think about what you as a site visitor would want to get from the site, is it for information or to meet people, or both?
Look at what content and features are on other sites you posted.

As an idea of what I can do take a look at http://www.xxxbritain.com­ which is a website I have designed.

Regards