We are slowly getting people wanting to post job ads to the group and there tends to be a tendency to not to have them with normal events and chatter.
What I've done is created a London Scala Job Board (ok, more commonly known as a Google Group) and will start directing anybody who want to post jobs to that group.
Anybody can post, recruiters are welcome and I'll only check first post. Basic rules will be:
- 'Looking for Scala Dev' - I'm very happy
- 'willing to learn scala' - also happy
- 'interested in c#, f#, java, scala, clojure, ruby, forth' - Not so happy
- 'Looking for a c# programmer' - you're looking in the wrong place, delete.
- filling to group with every ad in you database' -- Removed from the list, easy.
If you're looking for work then same applies.
Again, no matter what you think of recruiters (some are nice :-) I think they are part of the scala ecosystem and so should be allowed to post as well.
So if you are looking for a Scala role or want to advertise the join: