London Scala Users' Group Message Board London Scala User Group Discussion Forum › EXCLUSIVE Scala Development with an Investment Bank

EXCLUSIVE Scala Development with an Investment Bank

Peter S.
user 14500190
London, GB
Post #: 2
Hi Everyone,

My client list is ever increasing and I now have another EXCLUSIVE CONTRACT Opportunity that may be of interest to some of you. RATE - £600 to £700 per day for the right person.

The opportunity is for a Scala Developer who has also got experience in Agile development methods. The client is a leading Investment Bank based in London.

There are multiple positions and the contract should be at least 12 months. I have already placed Multiply Scala developers into this team but they are looking to grow due to the demand of Scala work.

The ideal Candidate will have commercial experience in working with Scala, developing Server Side applications/Systems.

Please see below for the Job spec!

Role:
This role is for a highly skilled Scala developer, to work on the development of this core global Equity OTC Derivative system. This will require close interaction with Sales, Trading, Quants and Operations globally, in addition to IT colleagues working on the related user interface and the database, all operating within a highly agile test-driven development environment.

As an experienced Scala developer, you will be influential in implementing Scala within the Equity derivatives space.
Essential Skills:

- Scala (Extensive knowledge/experience in a commercial environment)
- Strong Java with an emphases on Multi-threaded development
- Test-Driven Development (TDD) using jUnit and jMock (or equivalent).
- Spring
- XML
- SOAP
- SQL
- Unix/Linux

Desirable:
- Equity Derivatives product knowledge
- Experience of working in the front office domain
- Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) using Fitnesse or jBehave.
- Python
- DB2, Sybase

Please contact if you are interested in hearing more. Peter Sham 0207 608 5805

Best regards,

Peter