A Photography Social Enterprise
The Photo School runs beginner photography training and events in London. We are aimed at the novice, casual and keen amateur photographers. If you have a compact camera or are new to your SLR, consider yourself a newbie or a photography geek, you are most welcome. Join whatever your camera, ability or age!
Photography In Bite-Size Chunks
When you join the Photo School for a workshop or class, you are essentially joining an active photography community/club. Each month you are invited to get out with your camera to:
The Photo School Team
Natalie Clarke - The Photo School Founder & Coordinator -
- Workshops: build up your photography skills and knowledge with tuition from a professional
- Photo Walks: a chance to focus on a particular technique in the company of others
- Exhibitions: visit photographer galleries including Photographer of the Year exhibitions
- Practices: free group taster events around some of London’s most photogenic areas
- Learn From The Experts: talks and masterclasses from current professional photographers
- Friday Night Socials: meet like-minded people, chat about photography and share photos
Natalie is a qualified IT teacher with hobbies in photography, Photoshop and psychology. She coordinates the learning and community aspects at the Photo School in addition to running events herself and assisting at the monthly workshops.
Natalie enjoys macro (flowers and food) and social (everyday contrasts) photography; her favourite photographer is Martin Parr. Natalie is interested in how photography can promote mindfulness, cultivate different perspectives and how the development of the medium affects society today.
Snap, Support & Share
We see photography and its learning as a lifetime pleasure and skill. And we really want you to know how to take the photos that you want to take. We want you to have fun in your learning, be around like-minded people and explore new ways of seeing and capturing your memories of London and life.
Our emphasis is on building a photographic community you feel happy to express yourself in and develop your own photographic style. We try to keep our training and events affordable, practical and creative.
- Mission: to provide a fun & supportive, beginner photographic community for adult learning
- Vision: to make those people whose photos mean the world to them happy & proud