One of the very few indoor social volleyball tournaments there is. Cerus had a team go last year and they had loads of fun, with great games on court and a party on Saturday night. There are teams from all over Europe and this is the 31st year of the tournament.
Based on the team that went last year, we have 1 team already signed up to go - Anna, Jana, Karin, Silvana, Paul, Rene and Rahul. Since we have so many new members who've joined Cerus over the past year, it would be great if we had another team as well.
Tournament format -
1. Teams need to have a minimum of 3 girls on the court at any time. So the team size we're looking for is 4 guys and 4 girls, to cover for any injuries, etc.
2. All teams play in a common pool on day 1 and based on their performance are put in 1 of 2 pools on day 2.
3. The format is such that all teams get to play a substantial number of matches on Saturday & Sunday, plus there's a party on Saturday night.
4. The level of play is intermediate. Next point is this is a tournament! So probably not great if you are a beginner. Only join if you have some experience playing and playing under pressured environments! ...that being said this is really fun.
Logistics and costs -
1. Entry costs €55 / person for the tournament which includes - airport transfers, meals on both days, party, tournament t shirt and space to sleep in the sports hall (you've to bring your own sleeping bag).
2. Of course you're free to stay at a nearby hostel/hotel (like the other team is doing) since it might be difficult to get any sleep in the common hall. Hostel/hotel costs between £20-25 per night per person.
3. Getting there and back - On an average travel to and fro (flight/ferry) comes to £150 or so.
We will need to make a team soon to give enough time for travel arrangements and registration, so RSVPs close on Sunday night.
Hopefully there will be enough people interested to make a second team for one of the very few indoor tournaments there are! According to the people who went last time, it's loads of fun! Any questions, please ask.
PS: Since meetup doesn't allow gender-based RSVP limits, the first 4 guys/girls who RSVP will be in. Please check that there are respective male/female places available before RSVPing. When either reaches 4, it's full up.
Please note: Unless there are a minimum of 4 girls and 3 guys RSVP'ing, we won't be able to make a second team.