Hi everyone, thanks to all those who came last week, congratulations to those who won prizes (CS4 and MAX ticket) here is some info about MAX, discount code at the bottom!
What is MAX?
From wikipedia "Adobe MAX is a large annual event held by Adobe in North America, Europe and Japan. The purpose of the event to provide unique opportunities for those in the computer design and development industries to connect and learn the latest cutting-edge technologies that Adobe releases." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_MAX
This year's European event is taking place December 1st - 3rd in Milan, Italy. If you're interested in Adobe's technology roadmap, new product announcements or want to learn more about the Flash Platform and Flex through hands-on labs and over 50 Flex developer sessions then MAX Europe is for you. Use the session browser to explore all the sessions at MAX: http://max.adobe.com/eu/sessions/browser/
This year, there are a host of speakers travelling from the UK to speak at MAX, alongside Adobe product managers, evangelists and designers & developers from all around the world. Here are some of the sessions from UK speakers:
- James Whittaker (RefreshingApps.com), "Perfecting the user experience in Adobe AIR"
- Samuel Williams (LBi), "Building Flex applications with PureMVC"
- Neil Middleton (Monochrome), "Structuring your development team and getting the work done"
- Mike Jones (FlashGen), "Debugging and profiling with Flex Builder"
- Rob Bateman (Away3D), "Finding Away3D"
- Stefan Richter (FlashComGuru), "Building collaborative applications with Flash Media Server"
- Carlos Ulloa (Papervision3D), "Advanced Papervision3D"-
- Rick Williams (AKQA), "Anatomy of a seriously sophisticated AIR application"
- Dom O'Brien (Glue London), "Interactive Video Campaigns"
More information here: http://www.ashorten.com/2008/10/07/announcing-uk-speakers-at-max-europe/
Organising Flights & Hotels
EasyJet have flights to Milan from around ?50 - http://www.easyjet.com/
BA have flights to Milan from around ?100 - http://www.britishairways.com/
Hotels - there are hotels on Expedia from around ?45 a night staying near the Central Station. A map of recommended hotels is available here: http://max.adobe.com/eu/experience/downloads/MAX2008_MilanHotelMap.pdf
UK get together
We're planning to hold a get together dinner on Sunday night in Milan for all attendees travelling from the UK - come and network with UK Flex developers before the event starts, pick up your exclusive MAX T-Shirt and plan out your agenda for the conference. As a bonus, Adobe are sponsoring the drinks!! Meetup for it is here
Use the discount code!!
As user group members you can use the discount code UKI816 to get a full 3 day conference pass for 599 Euros (approx ?400). If you need a letter to persuade your boss that you should go to MAX you can download and print from here