add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

London Mandarin Learners Message Board › Mandarin Learners 2011

Mandarin Learners 2011

user 6437318
Group Organizer
London, GB
Hi all

Sorry for taking a while to get off the ground this year.  However the first two meetings have now been booked.  Next wednesday (January 19th) we have a restaurant meeting at Lao Difang.  To rsvp to it, go to this address:­

On February 2nd, there will be the first talking meetup - to rsvp for it go to:­

I would have liked to do it the other way round, but unfortunately The Two Chairman is being refurbished over the next two weeks.  Since that is the only venue that has really proved successful for us for the talking, I was reluctant to find another where we'd all have to be jostling and shouting again.

On a related note, for beginners, Grace from TMT (The Mandarin Training) is offering some beginners courses on tuesday evenings and saturdays at: http://www.themandari...­ There is also an offer of free practice classes some Mondays.  Anyway, go to her site for more info.

For advanced students, on thursday evenings starting next week there are conversation classes at the Ming-Ai institute in Bounds Green North London.  I will be signing up (since it is just down my street) - but for anyone else who doesn't mind schlepping it to North London, please also come along.  Their website is at: http://www.ming-ai.or...­ (they also run Chinese catering courses if anyone is interested in that).

Anyway, hope everyone is well, and hope to see you all again soon