"Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside
Oh, I do like to be beside the sea..."
Especially when it's Brighton VegFest!
"VegfestUK Brighton is a celebration of all things vegan with loads of stalls serving awesome food as well as bodycare, clothes, accessories, gifts and also lots of campaigning groups and merchandise, plus stacks of info, talks, demos, performances, passion and positive energy. Loads of freebies and tasters add to the attraction..."
* Over 135 stallholders across 3 floors
* Cookery classes
* Talks and presentations
* Beauty without Cruelty makeup session (Saturday)
* Speed-dating (Saturday)
* Live music
* Bodybuilders competition
* Family day (Sunday) with kids cookery classes and more
* Fundraising auction for Animal Welfare Party (Sunday)
* 8 specialist global caterers plus amny more food stalls
* Free nutritional advice
* 100% plant based - no animal products permitted
Admission is £2 each day, with free entry for under 16 year olds.
Full details at: http://brighton.vegfest.co.uk/
Suggested trains down:
9:10 St Pancras / 9:20 Blackfriars - 10:47 Brighton: £10 return
9:24 St Pancras / 9:35 Blackfriars - 10:55 Brighton: £10 return
9:36 Victoria - 10:27 Brighton: £5 single (advance)
9:47 Victoria - 10:53 Hove: £8 single (advance)
The ones in bold are the trains I'll be on. If you want to travel together, then you can pick any of the following meeting points:
* at the entrance to the First Capital Connect platforms at
St Pancras between 08:45 and 08:55.
* on the platform at St Pancras between 09:00 and 09:10.
* on the platform at Blackfriars between 09:20 and 09:35.
Last trains back:
21:52 Hove - 22:57 Victoria: £5 single (advance)
23:05 Brighton - 0:41 Victoria: £5 single (advance)
23:11 Brighton - 0:28 Blackfriars / 0:38 St Pancras
23:37 Brighton - 0:59 Blackfriars / 2:10 (!) St Pancras
The one in bold is the train I plan to be on. But no guarantees!
(Note that trains from London on Sunday all seem to involve a connecting bus service between Three Bridges and Brighton. So I recommend going on Saturday if you can!)