add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

London Vegan Meetup Message Board › Upcoming Meetups and Vegan Pledge 2011

Upcoming Meetups and Vegan Pledge 2011

A former member
Hi all,

Hope you are all well and enjoying the weather occasionally climbing out of single digits.

March is the month of the Vegan Pledge 2011 and the Brighton Vegfest. 

Vegan Campaigns is looking for volunteers to help with the Vegan Pledge events, on Saturday 5th March and Saturday 2nd April from 9.30am til 1pm. If you can help on these days (especially with dish washing and clearing up), or make food for these events please contact­  For a report of last years Vegan Pledge see:­

As part of the pledge we will be holding a dinner and a lunch which is a chance for people doing the pledge to eat at a vegan restaurant with experienced vegans and get advice, tips, answers to frequently asked questions etc.  Please only RSVP for this event if you are currently vegan or are planning on taking part in the pledge.

There may be some spots left for people who would like to take the pledge, you'll get a buddy for the month, a health check and two information days packed with advice.  Sign up here http://www.vegancampa...­ and you might even get me as a buddy, I'm sure you could get someone else too if you asked :)

The Brighton Vegfest is on as well this month, and Lisa is organizing that, should be a great day and it's a real pity I can't make it.  This one as with all meetups not associated with the Vegan Pledge, is open to everybody.

The April meetup will probably be the famous Sunday all day breakfast at Pogo's Cafe in Hackney, but will confirm the exact day etc a little closer to the event.

Finally I received an email from Aneta who is studying human nutrition and wants to check on the B12 and Folic acid levels of people following a vegan and vegetarian diet.  This could be a good opportunity for you to get a free check on these, so for more information you can contact her from here­

Take care everybody and hope to see you soon,