addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

London Vegan Meetup Message Board › Lunch Ideas

Lunch Ideas

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi everybody,

I'm a new vegan and enjoying it so far!

I just wondered if anyone had any good ideas for really simple lunches I could take with me to college, I'm currently in rehearsals for a show so I have really long days and I'm dancing a lot so I would appreciate and ideas for sandwich fillers and little snacks that will make sure I'm getting right amount of protein that I need. I would be thankful for any suggestions! smile

Thanks
Sarah
Robb
robbmasters
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 2
Hi Sarah,

The average adult female needs around 40 – 50 grammes of protein per day. Good sources are beans, cereals, tofu, nuts, and seeds. (So nuts and things like flapjacks can make good snacks.)

Even the two slices of bread in your sandwich can give you around 20% of your daily protein. (Just checked my Hovis "Best of Both" and it's 4.5g per slice.) And a couple of high-protein sandwich-fillings that I enjoy are Marigold Braised Tofu (15g of protein for half a tin) and Granose Nuttolene with sweet pickle. (Apparently nut butters are good for protein too.)

But if you're eating a healthy balanced diet, it's pretty hard not to get enough protein...

Robb
A former member
Post #: 2
Thanks Robb
smile