London Vegan Meetup Message Board › AUROVILLE OPPUTUNITIES,A Mordern Village

AUROVILLE OPPUTUNITIES,A Mordern Village

A former member
Post #: 6
Auroville wants to be a universal town where men and women of all countries are able to live in peace and progressive harmony above all creeds, all politics and all nationalities. The purpose of Auroville is to realise human unity."

Auroville Charter
Auroville belongs to nobody in particular.
Auroville belongs to humanity as a whole.
But to live in Auroville, one must be a willing servitor of the Divine Consciousness.
Auroville will be the place of an unending education,
of constant progress, and a youth that never ages.
Auroville wants to be the bridge between the past and the future. Taking advantage of all discoveries from without and from within, Auroville will boldly spring towards future realisations.
Auroville will be a site of material and spiritual researches for a living embodiment of an actual Human Unity.
http://www.auroville....­
Robb
robbmasters
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 8
Could you clarify how this is related to the London Vegan Meetup Group? It appears to be an omnivorous community.
A former member
Post #: 7
i am not sure what ixactly you mean, i am not vegan, i wood use thee term itill, although i am not quite dat due too ill living inviroments, i aim is too bee involved in all h-earthly developments, so if this relates too vegans i am unsure as i doo not know what one is, i athered they were h-earthly people, interested in meking a difference, please you clarify what is one,

beecause i have followed thee livity too a strict vegan stamp upon foodstuffs as vegan society states, too gather i have never met one within my whole life,

As i na sea nobody whom follows thee official stamp, so i guess thee word is vegetarian its scriptural meaning....fari
A former member
Post #: 11
I posted thee post for us too research and hopefully, turn intoo a meetup
cafenoire
user 4561156
London, GB
Post #: 9
nobody follows a vegetarian diet with the official vegetarian stamp either. the word is vegan, no dairy, no eggs or other animal products. fruit does not have a vegan stamp, it is obviously vegan.....
Richard Ⓥ M.
RichardⓋMolyneux
London, GB
Post #: 174
To say that fruit is 'obviously vegan' is to overlook the issue of them being waxed with animal-based products (i.e. bees wax, spermaceti wax, shellac wax and Chinese insect wax)...
Lesley D.
Lesleyvegandove
Hampton, GB
Post #: 81
If you do not know what vegan is (!) I am a little surprised to hear that Raslijtafari but for your information we do not eat animals or their products, we also avoid as far as practical and possible the use of animals and their products in other areas of life, not only diet, so people here would obviously be more interested in vegan communities and vegan village initiatives rather than omnivorous ones such as this Auroville. Many of us are vegan for ethical reasons, not wanting to exploit or harm animals in any way, or to be more environmental, some eat a vegan diet for health reasons. Look up www.vegansociety.com for more information and full definitions.
A former member
Post #: 18
I looked at the site and there is a consensus towards healthy food even raw food
There are a few audios on food here....

http://www.auroviller...­

Give them Nothing to eat but vegetables and water to drink. They don't eat animals, they love them. Ann, Zack, Jordan and Egor have different reasons for deciding to go vegan, but the deep reason for it at all that Great Spirit created our Earth to be a Paradise for all of us not just people but animals too. Ann, an author of the book “Paradise paradigm and Veganism” was flabbergasted to learn that many diseases can be completely reversed by making simple changes in diet. Why are we just now learning this, when it should be headline news? More importantly, why aren't doctors practicing this? On top of that the ethical and environmental arguments were made by many researchers during last years which you can find extremely compelling. Listen to what vegans say and make your own
wendy k
user 10301491
London, GB
Post #: 14
To put it into perspective - have you been to Auroville? I'm interested in going back to that part of India but I am more interested in a community that promotes a vegan lifestyle along with yoga and meditation but without having to "ssubscribe" to some belief system. There are several communities on that side of Southern India. Osho has a community in Pune. Sadhguru has a place in Tamil Nadu and promotes "healthy" diet. I havent been to these places - but I have been to Kerala and the Sivananda Ashram - they follow a "vegetarian diet" and eat dairy products and you can stay there if you are willing to follow "ashram" life - which means getting up at 4am doing karma yoga, as well as yoga meditation etc. Their retreat is in an amazing lion and alligator park - you hvae to travel in caged vehicles. Alternatively to Auraville - South India is filled with Ayurvedic treatment centers - and you can find these in Sri Lanka as well - and they will - at request - provide you with a detailed prescription for fitness and diet based on your "doshas" or body type and will cater to vegans. I've been to a couple of them - ayurvedic medicine is all about herbs and their application. One place I stayed at grew over 2,000 herbs on-site and had trained experienced ayurvedic practiitioners. So to continue... have you or any vegans been to any of these types of retreats?
Richard Ⓥ M.
RichardⓋMolyneux
London, GB
Post #: 175
Here's a re-forestation project in India, who serve only vegan food :-)