London Vegan Meetup Message Board › Do you mind if I plug another group?

Do you mind if I plug another group?

Lesley D.
Lesleyvegandove
Hampton, GB
Post #: 92
I am sure we must have a few more parents lurking on this group who are not yet members of the London Vegan and Vegetarian Parents group here on Meet Up.
We are hoping to recruit more members to take part in our fundraising walk which we are planning in July, and other activities.

http://www.meetup.com...­

~Lesley~
Richard Ⓥ M.
RichardⓋMolyneux
London, GB
Post #: 215
And what if we do mind?! It's too late now Lesley ;-p LOL

As Robb's excellent VegEvents calendar can't display the family group's events, due to its security settings, hopefully they'll be cross-posted on here and/or the ­vegetarian group.
Lesley D.
Lesleyvegandove
Hampton, GB
Post #: 94
Yes certainly anything I am involved in organising I will try to make sure gets well cross posted. I think the security settings might be getting changed soon, not sure yet, I advised Amrit to discuss further details of security with Robb to be sure of getting it right, if she was unsure, eg about making sure photos of the kids would be invisible to non-members, and only the bare minimum of date and basic event details visible to non-members, without the venue shown. You know I am really keen to get more of the events on that calendar, I think it is marvellous as it can be confusing having to flick between all your groups to see what is happening!
Robb
robbmasters
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 11
Hi all,

Yes, Amrit and I had a look at what we could do, but it seems that making the calendar public makes just about everything else public too - including those photos of kids. So the plan was to cross post everything to the vegetarian group.

But I'm going to try something else to see if we can include the calendar directly...

Robb
Robb
robbmasters
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 12
Well, that seems to work... ;-)
Richard Ⓥ M.
RichardⓋMolyneux
London, GB
Post #: 220
Well done Robb, you are a clever boy ;-)
Richard Ⓥ M.
RichardⓋMolyneux
London, GB
Post #: 221
I was just thinking that maybe the calendars could be coloured/ordered in a rainbow pattern, red at the top of the list, down to violet at the bottom... that'll keep the LGBT crowd happy too ;-)
Lesley D.
Lesleyvegandove
Hampton, GB
Post #: 95
Thank you Robb, I've no idea how these things work but so glad you were able to add the families group to your Vegevents list.
Richard Ⓥ M.
RichardⓋMolyneux
London, GB
Post #: 225
All we need to do now is make sure everyone is regularly looking at the VegEvents calendar, and then we can pretty much knock cross-posting on the head :-)

Now, is there any way to embed the calendar at the top of each group, even if it's just a picture/snapshot of it, so people will be inquisitive enough to click on it and read the description with a link (like clicking on the piggies profile picture on the left)?!