London Vegan Meetup Message Board › Pot-luck recipes

Pot-luck recipes

Robb
robbmasters
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 13
Send an Email Post a Greeting
I had a few requests for last night's pot-luck recipe, so thought I'd start a discussion where we could share recipes for our favourite dishes. Please add your own!

Last night's dish was based on a couple of recipes from Raw Food Made Easy (for 1 or 2 People) by Jennifer Cornbleet. Some of it's a bit basic. But that makes it great for raw beginners like me!

Meetballs (raw)
Soak two cups of walnuts overnight, then drain. Combine the walnuts, half an onion (chopped), a handful of parsley (chopped), the juice of one lemon, two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, two teaspoons of Bragg Liquid Aminos, 1/2 a teaspoon of garlic power, and a dash of salt - and process to a paste. Shape into balls.

Marinara Sauce (raw)
Soak a cup of sun-dried tomatoes (not oil packed) overnight, then drain. Combine the sun-dried tomatoes, three or four medium tomatoes (quartered), a red pepper (chopped), four tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, one teaspoon of dried basil, one teaspoon of dried oregano, three cloves of garlic (crushed), 1/4 - 1/2 a teaspoon of sea salt, a dash of freshly ground black pepper, and a dash of cayenne - and process until smooth.

(Tip: the sauce is very similar to the one I used for my courgetti spaghetti a few months back!)
A former member
Post #: 3
I made delicious savoury and sweet popcorn for the June 2012 LVP. Very simple but so tasty.

I popped the corn using toasted sesame oil. Once cooked but still hot, I rolled it in sea salt, rapadura sugar and smoky paprika. I’m not giving amounts as I didn’t pay much attention to that sort of thing. My advice is to go with more or less depending on personal preferences. I love popcorn.
Jessica Stella Fox
user 41450522
London, GB
Post #: 1
For June's Potluck, I made a Fresh Salad with an Avocado 'Reggae Reggae' dressing;

I started with two bags of Italian salad leaves, then added two sliced/chopped Organic Carrots
followed by sliced Organic Beetroot, sliced Red Pepper & a bit of Red Onion, with a few Walnuts
crumbled in.

I prepared the dressing separately, with a base of Virgin Olive Oil, generous squeeze of Lemon,
& ground Black Pepper, followed by a spoon or two of British Mustard, with a dash of Reggae Reggae
tomato sauce, adding more later for an extra kick (or use any hot/mild sauce to your taste).
Then finally added fork crushed avocado & mixed it into a nice dip consistency (actually, it's perfect
separately with bread for dipping!)

All the best,
Bye for now,
Jess
:)
Lesley Dove
Lesleyvegandove
Hampton, GB
Post #: 100
What were those samosa like things but not samosa in the filling that you made for the picnic Robb?
Robb
robbmasters
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 14
No real recipe for those, Lesley. I just soaked some walnuts, sun-dried tomatoes and chickpeas, then popped them in the food processor with a little olive oil, basil, and oregano. And maybe some garlic powder, black pepper and/or sea-salt. Whatever came to hand!
Lesley Dove
Lesleyvegandove
Hampton, GB
Post #: 101
Thanks well they were very good, Paul thought they were the best thing he tasted at the picnic, sometimes the most simple things are the best, Ms Cupcake keeps her recipes very simple, I think she is right. Nothing I hate more than recipes with about 20 ingredients which you have to then work out where to get all the things you need! I would be even more corner-cutting and use tinned chickpeas though, I never go in for dried and soaking, I would be too impatient. I do not usually like walnuts, find them a bit bitter and nasty compared to most other nuts, so it is quite a surprise that they were one of the main ingredients. I may actually try something like those sometime. I am not a pastry maker but guess you can get the ready made, Jus-rol?
Robb
robbmasters
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 15
Thanks. I'm glad you both liked them. :-)

And, yes, it was Jus-rol (from the fridge in Sainsbury's). I'm not up to making filo pastry yet!
Hilary
HilaryK
Toronto, ON
Post #: 1
Hopefully this is the right place for this. At the last potluck, there were two extraordinary desserts that I'd love to have the recipes for. One was the mint meringue and the other was the banoffee pudding. Does anyone know who made those dishes and could provide recipes? I'd be very grateful!

Hilary
Robb
robbmasters
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 40
Hi Hilary,

The meringue was mine! I used this recipe, only with Energ-G egg replacer (instead of Orgran) and peppermint essence (instead of vanilla).

http://www.orgran.com...­

Cheers,

Robb
Hilary
HilaryK
Toronto, ON
Post #: 2
They were so good! I never thought I'd get to have them again. Thanks for the recipe :)

Hils