London Vegan Meetup Message Board › Story on BBC about vegan dating

Story on BBC about vegan dating

Richard Ⓥ M.
RichardⓋMolyneux
London, GB
Post #: 330
Probably best they didn't attend the singles event in the end :-)
Milady
user 23710741
London, GB
Post #: 4
I've followed this thread and the articles with interest. It does make me think that life would be so much better if everyone adopted a live-and-let-live attitude.

For a start, no-one would eat meat ;)
Ponder
user 58943672
London, GB
Post #: 1
Carl Lewis is no longer vegan but apparently was during some of his competitive career.

I don't mention him in discussions on vegan athletes and sports people due to *allegations* about his use of HGH.
Robb
robbmasters
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 30
"Hello, is that the tattoo parlour? About that tattoo you did for me yesterday. Can you change it to Robert Cheeke...?"
Jessica Stella F.
user 41450522
London, GB
Post #: 2
I think the lesson is clearly never to speak to a journalist again, haha, unless it's a live interview & can not be edited/taken out of context/take Vegan's back 20 years, etc, etc. This whole thing is a typical example of how things can go pear shaped!!

It's too muggy for me to really think straight & comment on the whole 'vegan-dating-hot-potato',
other than to simplistically say, I want a Vegan!

I'm not into tattoo's, but sod getting a boxers name! Boxing is dreadful!
And this 'manly'/masculine fixation thing....Who needs all that bloody testosterone!!

Anyway, Vegan nerds/geeks can be sexy/role models too!

If you must have a tattoo....get one that says.....
'Moby' !!! Haha!!

Right....I need a swimming pool.....or a long walk in the countryside, but I'm stuck in the midst of
the bloody city......Hampstead Heath will be heaving, but maybe worth popping up to...a London lung
and all that........I'd like a quiet wonder/ponder.......maybe I'll just lie in the grass in the back garden.... anyway......all the best, bye for now, Jess :)
A former member
Post #: 2
Aww shucks! Yeah... don't go all momento over famous vegan people. I bet even if you pointed out Brad Pitt was a vegan there'd be some backlash...

Whenever people ask me why I'm vegan, I ask them "Do you want a discussion or a debate?" but I guess you can't say that to a journalist :/
Gabi
user 11028931
London, GB
Post #: 6
Gosh, just listened to this: BBC World Service, 20-May-2012, Newshour with James Marshall, 20.00 GMT (21.00 BST), 0:14:00 to 0:21:00. Alex Bourke discusses vegetarians dating non-vegetarians. www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00rvbqz

Was she pissed? What was she doing there? siiiigh..... Well, done Alex.