Groupon for SAF
TOOBA KHAWAJA
user 11657626
London, GB
Post #: 2
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Hi, just thought I would mention it. Here is the link -

Groupon for SAF

Hello Leena, thanks for that, I have noticed the offer as welll, it would be great to go along on a group trip to SAF sometime. Cheers! Tooba
Robb
robbmasters
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 31
Well spotted. Got mine. ;-)

Maybe we'll have to do a meetup there...
Tina-Eileen Jones
user 52507022
London, GB
Post #: 2
I was in that branch yesterday.... It would be lovely to use
this offer for a meetup!!
Best Wishes
xTx
wendy k
user 10301491
London, GB
Post #: 21
Few ideas: Find out what their slowest evening is... possibly Monday / Tuesday and suggest filling it for a group discount. (I dont do groupon but two people in my office sent me the coupon to which I retorted - would you pay £24 for carrots for two? That's how I still feel about the prices - vegan food does not have to cost that much - even raw vegan food. Yes, it takes time to soak cashews over night, etc. but for some reason I find it somewhat absurd they can charge double!

Alternatively I'd like to suggest a Sunday brunch. I still think their prices are steep - I just tried the cream cheese they sell in Whole Foods - WAY TOO MUCH SALT!

The only other issue I have with eating at SAF in Whole Foods is that there are several meat focused restaurants up there as well and it's not my idea of heaven to smell a New York hot dog when I walked into the place nor is it my idea to smell it and the fish from the sushi bar next to it. OK. I know they have their own little area up there but still....in my vegan world....plus after reading Robb's posts about eating vegan and booking at mainly vegan places.... not sure where SAF fits in. (I wasnt surprised the Old St branch closed. I tried to convince my bosses to go (lawyers in suits) - even they balked at the prices!

Gee, I hope this post isnt too controversial - I am out to support what they do - I'm all for promoting raw foods but if I was trying to convince a non-veg person to try it, they would take umbrage with the pricing.
I really wanted to try SAF yesterday while at Whole Foods but I just couldnt justify the prices for lunch. I overheard one kid tell his mother - you wont like it - it's all veg and expensive making my way downstairs.