addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

London Vegan Meetup Message Board › Volunteers wanted

Volunteers wanted

Group Organizer
London, GB
Hi all,

If you're interested in volunteering for a vegan organisation, here are a couple of opportunities that may interest you...

Vegan Society / London Vegan Meetup at the Animal Aid "Christmas Without Cruelty" Fayre

Where: Kensington Town Hall
When: Sunday 2nd December

Those who came to the West Midlands Vegan Festival on Saturday will probably have seen me on the Vegan Society stall. This was the first example of a new initiative by the Vegan Society, who are now asking members to manage stalls at vegan festivals, so that staff can devote their efforts to the more challenging mainstream health, education and trade shows.

As a "local contact" for the society, I've offered to put a team together for the Animal Aid "Christmas Without Cruelty" Fayre. And the Vegan Society has agreed that we can use the stall to promote London Vegan Meetup too! So I'm looking for willing volunteers. Generally the role just involves talking to the public - answering simple questions, and pointing them in the right direction for more complicated ones. Ideally, you'd be a member of the Vegan Society, as well as a member of London Vegan Meetup, but that may not be essential.

If you might be interested, please drop me an email at (if you just hit "Reply" I wont get your email!)

Pogo Café

Where: Clarence Road, Hackney
When: Whenever you can...

Pogo is an autonomous, non-hierarchical, 100% vegan space - run completely by volunteers. They aim to encourage veganism and animal liberation by providing delicious, affordable food and useful information to the local community and beyond. And, as you've probably noticed, we visit Pogo on the second Sunday of each month for a Sunday roast!

But they need more volunteers too - for front-of-house and kitchen shifts, baking, events, cleaning, admin, and more.

If you might be interested, please email (ideally with a contact telephone number).

Thanks for reading! As always, you'll find a full list of upcoming events at­. So I hope to see you at a Meetup soon...