addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

London Vegan Meetup Message Board › Looking for housemates

Looking for housemates

A former member
Post #: 4
Hi everyone,

We are looking for a couple for a huge room, available from November 10th.

You can read the ad here:

http://www.spareroom....­

or here:

http://www.gumtree.co...­

It's not a vegan house, 3 are meat-eater, but rarely cook, 2 are vegetarian, and I'm the only vegan one.
2 fridges, 1 for the meat-eaters, one for the veg*n.
The person leaving is vegetarian, and I personnally would like to have her replaced by vegans and avoid meat-eaters, that's why I'm posting here. :)

Thanks!
wendy k
user 10301491
London, GB
Post #: 24
you can also advertise your room on vegcom. google veg com and you'll get to an accommodation page and then go to Greater London and you can post an ad there. IT's supported by London Vegans - at least I support it!

You can also be very specific on spare room as it has an advanced search engine and many vegans / vegetarians use that to find a home.

We found most housemates from spare room and we have a totally vegan house. Makes like so much easier.

Good luck!

Wendy
A former member
Post #: 5
Thanks Wendy, will do!
Richard Ⓥ M.
RichardⓋMolyneux
London, GB
Post #: 382
See the links on Volentia's UK accommodation page (especially the Facebook group).

And you can mention the rooms in the discussion on there too :-)
A former member
Post #: 6
Thanks Richard, but I unsubscribed from Volentia a few months ago, so I am not going to resubscribe, especially just to post an ad.
And don't even get me started on evil FB! ^^
wendy k
user 10301491
London, GB
Post #: 26
your room sounds fab from the spare room ad - if you are looking for vegans or veg - put it in the headline and in the first paragraph of your ad...When I lived with non veg / vegans we had separate cooking utensils etc so if you have that you might want to mention it - just a thought....

Crouch end is such a cool place you should have no probs finding the right peeps.
A former member
Post #: 7
Yes, that's a great house, and a great huge room.

Well, we are a mix house, and the other ones don't care who comes in, vegan or omni, so I can't modify the ad stressing "veg*an only", unfortunately.

We only discriminate fridges, not cooking utensils.
I should specify that, you're right.

Richard Ⓥ M.
RichardⓋMolyneux
London, GB
Post #: 384
I recently got Volentia founder Ben to open up the site, so that anyone can see info without having to be a member (so you can click those links without re-joining).

Why did you leave Volentia? If it was because of getting too many emails, then a few seconds changing settings will stop the majority of them (I recommend keeping wall comment and private message notifications). Read my helpful hints, for how to make the necessary changes.

Unfortunately Ning, the platform that Volentia runs on, insists on having all email notifications turned on by default.