London Vegan Meetup Message Board › Help Ryan

Help Ryan

Closed to new replies

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Guys,
Ryan is cycling to raise money for "Ride for Aids Chicago". if anyone would have a spare pound, and would like to help him with this, please visit his fundraising web page on Ride for Aids Chicago and donate it.
http://rideforaids.ki...­
Thank you, all help appreciated.
Ruth xx
Martin
callcooper
Eastbourne, GB
Post #: 35
MODERATORS can you please delete this post to "Help Ryan"
Moderators have deleted this same post from the Vegetarian meetup page already after I gave details.
As I stated before this appeal for funds for Aids is a scam. I put links and evidence. You should also save your money for animal causes. (THIS DOES NOT BELONG HERE) If you research AIDS properly you will see the real reasons and that they have never found a virus too. In fact they lied big time FOR FUNDS (billions). (Google "Gary Null AIDS a second opinion")
MODERATORS please delete this page.
Thank you.
Lesley Dove
Lesleyvegandove
Hampton, GB
Post #: 155
Ruth said it was a charity that did not do research but was about support and facilities for ppl with AIDS, I think? I am not sure exactly since the post has been removed. Not that I am getting involved in giving anyway, and I encourage ppl to check properly but surely different charities tend to focus on different aspects, and therefore same as with cancer research, some use animals and some do not, some are solely focussed on the practical side of helping the sick ppl or on humane research (Animal Aid's charity list is helpful but in this case I think they might not cover it because it is a US charity). Is this specific charity a scam then? It would have been helpful if we'd been allowed to see what you posted to the Moderator on the other group before the post was removed, so everyone could know what was happening!
Beata
jubzzb
Feltham, GB
Post #: 61
Lesley, if you visite the fundrasing webpage posted by Ruth you will not find any info about a charity or otherwise.
Here what it currently says:
Welcome to the fundraising page of Ryan Duclos
Ryan Duclos Personal Image
Help me overcome the on-going fight against AIDS. No one should have to live a life in constant battle against themselves, lets help them fight it!"

It doesn't say what he's going to do with the money. No names of charities, etc. So in few words you do not know what you sponsor. Whether AIDS is a real diseas or a scam the money which you pay can go for any activity, even for meaty meals I guess.
Martin
callcooper
Eastbourne, GB
Post #: 36
MODERATORS delete this fraud, please.
Please make your own judgement or discernment'
Save your money for animals......this is what we are about.
Cancer research has always been a fraud. If you don't know that you should. If you disagree at least research it. AIDS is the same people making money off your compliance and consent. Giving your money is the same as agreeing to sent some big evil money lord to the Bahamas for a very nice holiday.
This does not belong here, it is that simple......without all my babbling.
AIDs is a fraud anyway......simple....if the lifestyle don't kill ya the drugs will and if wrap them in nice white bread it will taste better too.
Please delete this and this page.
Do not help Ryan.....sent me your money and I will give it to some animal that can't ask!!!!
;)
Robb
robbmasters
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 43
If you need a message to be deleted, please email the group's organisers. We can't guarantee to read every post on the Message Board!

The lack of any information about where the money's going means that it's impossible to know whether or not it's a fraud, and whether or not it's going to be spent on animal research - especially as I haven't seen any of the "links and evidence" mentioned.

But I'm sure Ruth posted it in good faith. So in the absence of any specific details that would strengthen either perspective, I'm going to credit people with enough intelligence to make up their own minds about what they want to do.
Martin
callcooper
Eastbourne, GB
Post #: 37
Hi Robb
Can you tell me what AIDS has got to do on a Vegan forum....It's more than likely they have tested on animals many times in the past for AIDS research......No Virus has ever bean found (It is a lifestyle disease).
I'm guessing you don't mind if people get taken in.....It is quite obvious to me that if someone is asking for money they explain themselves fully. If not it is automatically a scam due to full exposure not being given. And on both sites (Vegetarians meetup - was deleted) Help Ryan never bothered to respond.....what does that tell us. Need any more red flags! Don't understand how this site could let people get taken in. Whats the problem....they will have posted in a million other places. Your call then...disappointing.
I gave a link to Gary Null about AIDS in General...(You need to take the time to watch it)..If people do not have full knowledge about this subject they should not post!
Robb
robbmasters
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 44
Some of your comments on AIDS are quite offensive, e.g. "AIDs is a fraud... No Virus has ever bean found (It is a lifestyle disease)."

You claim to have evidence that this appeal for funds for AIDS is a scam, but you have "never bothered" to provide this to the group's organisers. "What does that tell us?"

Despite Gary Null's conspiracy theory, it is widely accepted that AIDS is caused by the human immunodeficiency virus which has been "photographed" with an scanning electron micrograph.

You say that you want this conversation deleted, yet you've just promoted it on Facebook! And every time you post another comment here it bumps this conversation up the the list of discussions, and highlights in on the home page of the group. So if you really want this discussion to go away, your best bet is to stop commenting.

So please stop.
Martin
callcooper
Eastbourne, GB
Post #: 38
Your statement is incorrect the photograph was proven false. It was not a photograph.
I state AIDS fund raising does not belong here unless there is a reason it's on here.
thanks
Robb
robbmasters
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 45
Again, no evidence to back up a claim that is contrary to worldwide medical opinion.

But you can find lots of photographic evidence at the CDC, and National Geographic - just to pick two examples from Google. Both of which are much more credible sources that a talk show host who nearly died after eating one of his own supplements.

There's more on Gary Null at Quackwatch. The section on his qualifications ("Curious Credentials") makes for particularly interesting reading.

And despite asking "what AIDS has got to do on a Vegan forum", you've posted about it on our Facebook group. Twice.