London Vegan Meetup Message Board › Sorry Ive not been able to make it to any Meetups yet

Sorry Ive not been able to make it to any Meetups yet

Nic W.
user 72493742
Sandwich, GB
Post #: 5
Just wanted to say that Im really sorry Ive not been able to make it to any meetups yet.

Ive just taken a contract that is mostly working from home (80 miles away) with the odd day in London, that and the fact that the majority of the weekend events have clashed with my kids weekends mean it will be luck and a while before I actually get to attend in person and say hello...

In the meantime, Im with you in vegan spirit !

Lesley D.
Hampton, GB
Post #: 160
How about also joining the veggie and vegan families group and then maybe there will be something suitable for you with your kids?­
Nic W.
user 72493742
Sandwich, GB
Post #: 6
Thats a great idea. Unfortunately since my divorce the kids are now all Omnis (new partner influence) and sadly for me and the rest of the world, are fast becoming detatched from being ethically aware.

Although they stay with me for amost half the time, their two 'mums' both seen intent on mainstreaming them and marginalising veganism. Whilst I dont like what is happening, the kids are at the stage where they are getting pressure from lots of directions (they are all teenagers) so I am just being relaxed and chilled and not preaching about my ethical views. I kind of hope that when they start to take their place in the world they can choose the path they tread. I was an omni for the first 25 years of my life so like most of us realise changes can happen.

Ill check out the group though..