addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

London Vegan Meetup Message Board › Craving some home-cooked food?

Craving some home-cooked food?

Yannis
user 94831712
London, GB
Post #: 1
Hey guys,

Glad I found this meetup! Although, I am not a vegan myself yet, I carry a lot of respect for this lifestyle and wishfully at some point I will take it up. So my hat's off to you!

Just wanted to let you know, in case you have missed some home-cooked food: there is a new service in town (and I am shamelessly promoting it :) ).

I am with Cookisto an online chef service that enables pro & amateur chefs to share their specialties with local foodies. We started few months ago in Greece and we already have more than 11.000 foodies, 1.300 cooks while more than 10.000 portions have being sold. Our next stop will be London and we expect to launch in August 2013.

A lot of people cooking vegan and raw food have already joined, so I think it would be nice to inform you about this option. Feel free to join or follow Cookisto on facebook to stay updated!

Hope you like the whole concept & please do ask me anything!

Yannis

P.S.
If you like cooking and sharing, you are more than welcomed to join as a chef! A lot of people on this meetup (including me) will appreciate it!
Kari
Kari_N12
London, GB
Post #: 20
Hi, I think a lot of us would be interested in the vegan food (is it events or home delivery?) but I don't want to like Cookisto on fb or join its mailing list if I have to read lots of items about meat, eggs and dairy... If there's a way of seeing only vegan options I'd be in! Kari
Yannis
user 94831712
London, GB
Post #: 3
Hey Kari!

Glad you asked! It's mostly home delivery, but that depends on each cook's/chef's availability.

At the moment every dish uploaded has a tag if it's vegan. In the near future, foodies will be able to search overall dishes near them by tag e.g. vegan, so I think it will rock even more! The website is still closed, but you can save your place if you want to, so you will get notified first when we launch in August.

Of course, feel free to suggest it to friends who love cooking and sharing, they will love the idea!

Yannis