London Vegan Meetup Message Board › camden loving hut

camden loving hut

Mia
user 34696442
London, GB
Post #: 28
Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone had been to the Camden Loving Hut recently? It is under new management now, I think, and seems to have a different menu. Is it still the same philosophy? Is it any good?
Thanks,
Mia xx
Kate
user 94429782
London, GB
Post #: 1
Hi!

Yeah I live really close to the Camden loving hut and me and my boyfriend go there a bit too much. It's pretty much completely different, to look at anyway. I like the new decor though. The menu still has the same burgers and fish and chips etc but they're now more of a noodle bar. You pick if you want a stir-fry or noodle soup (either miso or Tom yum soup). Then you can choose your ingredients like fish, tofu, extra veg etc. on a stir fry you add a sauce too. I've tried them all now and they're so tasty, all cooked in front of you. Oh and they have a Katsu curry which is so yummy but quite spicy! They've also just added a couple of extra things like skewers and sweet potato wedges.

The new owner is really nice and so is the guy who does some cooking downstairs but we're not too sure on the assistant since he can be pretty rude sometimes and doesn't really seem to do much.

Desserts-wise the deep fried ice-cream is quite heavy but still very tasty - I recommend sharing! The cakes are amazing - we had a delicious chocolate one the other night. They've just added cookie dough to the menu so we're yet to try that.

It's very different - but really good! You should check it out.
Richard Ⓥ M.
RichardⓋMolyneux
London, GB
Post #: 595
According to former manager Kenny's ex-girlfriend, he, and all his staff and volunteers, were given the push.

I'd heard stories of new (non-veg*n) staff eating meat on site (could that be the rude assistant?), but am glad to hear that things aren't too bad.

I still see the lovely Kenny at shows, often on the Vegusto stand.

Kate
user 94429782
London, GB
Post #: 2
Yeah we wondered what had happened to the old staff - that's a shame. Yeah the other day we found out neither of the staff are vegan... Bit strange and frustrating.
Mia
user 34696442
London, GB
Post #: 30
Thanks guys, yes I just got a feeling that I didn't quite trust the place! The guy working there seemed pretty nice, but if they're not actually vegan I don't know, maybe it affects the vibe of the place. Maybe I'll just stick to the one n holloway. :) xx
Lesley D.
Lesleyvegandove
Hampton, GB
Post #: 203
Also it is really offputting when you know someone who is a nice vegan has been given the push like that.. it is not like jobs are easy to come by.. so that is really nasty! What kind of ppl are being put in charge of these places??
Lesley D.
Lesleyvegandove
Hampton, GB
Post #: 204
Also why are the Loving Huts in London all in North London, you would think if they could run three in London as it seems on their website they have 3, they would put one of those a bit further south or at least in the centre!
Richard Ⓥ M.
RichardⓋMolyneux
London, GB
Post #: 596
As Loving Huts are franchises, I doubt the Supreme Master organisation has much control over things Lesley. You may recall that Mr Mann became a Loving Hut, so I guess it's really up to whether someone (either a new or existing place) in south London wants to pay to become one.
Lesley D.
Lesleyvegandove
Hampton, GB
Post #: 205
The Brighton one is lovely though small, I have had cause to go there twice after AR demos there (Farmed animals and Harlan beagles demos I think). I would definitely recommend it.
Richard Ⓥ M.
RichardⓋMolyneux
London, GB
Post #: 627
Manager Gavin confirmed the other day that they were closing Loving Hut Camden, but I've since read they're now undecided... any word from the street?!