London Vegan Meetup Message Board › Volunteer to end cruel shark finning this Sun, 21 Feb. at Chinese New Year C

Volunteer to end cruel shark finning this Sun, 21 Feb. at Chinese New Year Celebration

Jo
JoellenS
Cambridge, MA
Post #: 1
Can you help hand out brochures at the Chinese New Year celebration in London’s Chinatown on 21 Feb.?

As part of Humane Society International's campaign against shark finning, they are seeking volunteers to help hand out brochures and campaign materials at a Chinese New Year celebration. Would you be interested in participating?

As shark fin soup is often served at Chinese New Year banquets, they are working to educate consumers about problems surrounding shark finning.

Meet me next to the phone box on Newport Place (this is at the Gerrard Place end) in Chinatown at 1pm, 2pm, or 3pm. I will be there at those times to distribute brochures to volunteers.

Please message me if you have any questions or to let me know what time you will be coming so I can ensure that there are brochures remaining until your arrival.

To learn more about shark finning, visit hsi.org/sharkfin.

Thanks!
Joellen