London Vegan Meetup Message Board › Anybody live in SW London?

Anybody live in SW London?

paul
user 10696222
London, GB
Post #: 1
Hi

Just wondering if there is anyone living in the southwest.. I have recently moved to Oval.
Love going to the Bonnington Cafe near Vauxhall, Vegan thursdays are great!
Looking for work at the moment so I am free during the day, ( looking after my 16 month old daughter ).
I love cycling thru traffic like a bullet, rock climbing and making a mess in the kitchen, cake cake cake and smoothies..........

Paul

laughing

Lesley D.
Lesleyvegandove
Hampton, GB
Post #: 30
Yes we are in SW London although a little bit further out (Hampton).
I keep meaing to make it to the cafe in Vauxhall, should be doable sometime, I did not know about vegan Thursdays but will try to get to one after the Easter Holidays.
Also are you on our Vegparents Yahoo list? My kids are a bit older, youngest is 8 and have two in their teens.
We have a vegan families bring and share picnic coming up on Saturday 10th April in central London, at Coram's Fields, 12 noon start, my number is 020 8941 8075 or 07931 156006.

Please do drop me an email on Lesley@vegan4life.org.uk for an invite to the vegparents group and also I can invite you to our Twickenham and Surrey Veg group Yahoo group which might be your nesrest local veggie and vegan group. Most of us are based around outer SW London (Twickenham and Kingston area).

~Lesley~
cafenoire
user 4561156
London, GB
Post #: 2
Hi

Just wondering if there is anyone living in the southwest.. I have recently moved to Oval.
Love going to the Bonnington Cafe near Vauxhall, Vegan thursdays are great!
Looking for work at the moment so I am free during the day, ( looking after my 16 month old daughter ).
I love cycling thru traffic like a bullet, rock climbing and making a mess in the kitchen, cake cake cake and smoothies..........

Paul

laughing

hiya

i'm in brixton, i never knew about that cafe sounds goods, i am free during day too! would be good to hang out!
Richard Ⓥ M.
RichardⓋMolyneux
London, GB
Post #: 8
I'd love to get along to Lesley's family picnic day but, as she knows, I can't make Saturdays as a rule (but I'm hoping to attend the Meetup­ meal THIS Saturday, 3rd April, at 222 Veggie Vegan)... Oh, and I live in Surrey, so even further out than Lesley...
Richard Ⓥ M.
RichardⓋMolyneux
London, GB
Post #: 9
I note that you haven't RSVPed yet Paul and Cafenoire...
wendy k
user 10301491
London, GB
Post #: 6
Hi Paul

We're a house of 3 vegans in Brixton Hill - I've never been to Bonnington's ...

Would be interested in exploring the bulk food thing except our kitchen is getting major crowded with dried grains and beans ...and three of us all into different sort of vegan food.

btw: there is a vegan fruit and veg bread stall at the brixton farmer's market on sundays on station road - from 10-2 (I'm not advertising for them I had some berry bread last week and it was awesome!) - they're home made by a jamaican lady and the apple crumble cake is devine - almost as good as apple crumble - all totally vegan and lots of choice... mango and passion fruit bread - samples for tasting. turn right when leaving brixton tube.

Send us an email if you can ever do a Thursday evening at Bonnington and we can try to find it and join you.

Wendy K
Andre
Andrecorr
London, GB
Post #: 2
Hi neighbour!
I live in Streatham Hill.
I'm pretty sure we've met at a meetup.
There is a Vegan Campaigns picnic in Clapham Common this Saturday, followed by dinner and night out.
If you want to join please RSVP here
http://www.volentia.c...­
\V/

Lesley D.
Lesleyvegandove
Hampton, GB
Post #: 34
The Vegancampaigns stall part of the picnic is cancelled due to predicted bad weather although some are still possibly going ahead, eg Richard, Napak, and we will go if weather is not too bad..
Lesley D.
Lesleyvegandove
Hampton, GB
Post #: 35
Paul are you still even reading this thread? You have quite a few responses from ppl who would probably be glad to meet up in SW London, I would be happy to come to the cafe in Vauxhall after the summer hols sometime during the day, a Thursday is fine, so I would appreciate if you would get back to me.
We have a group based a bit further out in outer SW London you would be welcome at as well, families very welcome.
It's a bit disheartening when someone posts a start to a thread but then does not get back to ppl..
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Paul,

I have only just seen your message. I am vegan. I live in Wandsworth Common but I come to the Brixton area a lot. I have only been to the Bonnington Cafe once and I loved it. There was such a nice vibe and atmosphere and the Food was Home-made, filling and delicious! I didn't know about "Vegan Thursdays!" Does that mean that the whole menu is exclusively vegan on Thursdays?

I expect that you have met a lot of people by now but I have noted down your mobile number and will text you soon else you can send me a post on this message board.

Take care

Emma

P.S - there are some good vegetarian/ vegan restaurants near me too if you would like to explore futher afield.