Oct 22, 2012 · 6:45 PM
This location is shown only to members
Do you enjoy a good murder? Then join this talk on writing crime.
We'll be joined by Leigh Russell, author of Geraldine Steel series, Assistant Editor, Emad Akhtar, from HarperCollins UK Crime & Thrillers aka Killer Reads. Finally, Julia Crouch, author of Every Vow Your Break and Cuckoo, will be our third guest speaker. Very exciting!
Naturally, this talk will focus on uncovering the low-down on writing crime, asking questions of our panel:
- What makes stories stand out most in this genre?
- What are the pros and cons of writing crime and thrillers?
- What are the genre-specific rules that any writer needs to know?
- How can you ensure that your writing stands out in the very competitive marketplace of crime publishing?
- And lots of questions taken from our audience on the night!
As usual, we will be live tweeting (and filming!) this talk so do join in, from wherever you can via @ldnwriterscafe #LWCtips
Location: The Shooting Star is less than 5mins walk from Liverpool Street station, on the central Line.
Take the Bishopsgate exit from the main rail concourse, cross the road, turn left at Dirty Dicks pub onto Middlesex Street. The pub is about 100 metres down on the right-hand side, past Nandos, and we meet in the function room downstairs.