I've updated this meeting. For more details, see the full listing: http://wine.meetup.com/409/calendar/7868586/
When: Thursday, May 29, 2008 at 6:30 PM
Where: Miele Design Center
189 N. Robertson Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
Meeting fee: USD45.00 per personCHAMPAGNE: from A to Z!.. with Caviar and Artisan Cheeses!..
"All you've always wanted to know about Bubbly!..."
How to taste Champagne, Champagne Aroma Education, Blind Tasting, Champagne Collecting & Storing, Order Champagne in a Restaurant...
Register TODAY for this fun, learning & absolutely interactive small-group educational and social event... In just a few hours, under the expertise of Delphine Lasserre
from the renowned house Gosset
, you will learn about Champagne, from A to Z! You will be tasting about 4 champagnes from Gosset... including Non-vintage Brut, Rose, Vintage and very high-end Champagnes!!Oenologist from Bordeaux, Delphine Lasserre has worked for renowned Chateaux such as Smith-Haut-Lafitte, Latour-Martillac and Arsac. Her passion for wine drove her to the world of Champagne (yes Champagne is a wine!), working now for Gosset, established in 1584... the oldest house in Champagne!
Great for beginners, even an intermediate Champagne connoisseur will find this class very educational!..Basics
- history of Champagne
- know more about the Champagne region in France... and how to make the difference with other sparkling wine producing areas in the world
- how to read a Champagne label
- how to serve Champagne..
Champagne Aroma Education & Blind Tasting
- how to recognize aromas
- how to develop your sense of smell
- how to taste Champagne
- how to detect grapes based on the aromas you are scenting..
- how to pair Champagne with food
Champagne Collecting & Storing
- how to build-up a Champagne cellar and suit both your budget and your tastes
- how to buy Champagne at a store and where to find great values in LA and Orange Cty
- where & how to store Champagne
- Champagne ageing guidelines
- how to order Champagne in a restaurant
- how to demystify the apparent complexity of a Champagne list... and impress your friends!Price includes all champagnes, caviar, artisan cheese pairings, light appetizers and take-home educational docs..
Due to high demand and limited event size, advanced payment is required upon registration. After you have paid, your spot is confirmed.
Full refund or credit if cancellation is received 4 days before the event.
No refund or credit after. No exceptions.
By signing up to a wine event you are stating that you are 21 and of legal drinking age. ID is required for all attendees.
More details: Champagne, Caviar and Artisan Chees?
You can always get in touch with me through the 'Contact Organizer' feature on the Meetup.com website: http://wine.meetup.com/409/suggestion/