February 9, 2013 · 5:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
Laissez les bons temps rouler! For the past 22 years LA's Farmers Market has hosted the coolest Mardi Gras party this side of Bourbon Street. "One of the best places to party for Mardi Gras in Los Angeles" according to CBS News. The featured headliner is Grammy-nominated Lisa Haley and the Zydekats, of whom the LA Times wrote, "Joyful, exotic... a la the bluesy moans of Janis Joplin." The Market will have a special Mardi Gras paraphernalia stand, plenty of Dixie Beer and great Creole cuisine. The Gumbo Pot will be serving up gumbo, po' boys and beignets. "Farmers Market does a great job. It's festive. Everyone gets caught up in the moment. It's not New Orleans, but it'll do. I just wish I could get some real beignets. The Gumbot Pot's are respectable--but nowhere near Cafe Du Monde." -- Lionel
A Blue Fiddle Records Zydeco/Cajun artist, Lisa’s strong vocals, boundless energy and blue violin "Louie" have spread her infectious "Zydecosis" to more than 20 countries and the US. She has a distinctive sound that embraces the multi-faceted genres of Louisiana music, including its French, Irish Celtic, Blues and Jazz genres, in which she is well-versed. Her album, King Cake, reached #15 on the Billboard World chart.
- EARLY ARRIVAL IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED: seating is first come first served, no tickets
- This event is BYOB: i.e. bring your own beads! Get yours at Vine American Party Store, 5969 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90038. (323) 467-7124.
- 21 and over
- Event will take place on an outdoor, partially covered patio with heat lamps
- 2 hours free parking with validation
- What does "Laissez les bons temps rouler" mean? Let the good times roll!
- WARNING: do not expose your breasts at this event--this is not the French Quarter