March 8, 2013 · 6:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
Enjoy a free evening of art, music and entertainment as Pasadena’s most prominent arts and cultural institutions swing open their doors. Last fall, 14,000 people experienced the excitement of ArtNight! Free shuttles will loop throughout the evening with stops at each venue. Park at any one venue and ride to the others. Also featuring some of LA County's favorite food trucks. Asst Organizer Lionel says, "If you're into art & music this event is a must. I've attended many times and always had a blast. Riding the shuttle is just like a Party Bus--without the booze. And it's a great deal. Normally these museums charge admission fees, the Norton Simon is $10. But they're free on ArtNight."
Unfortunately due to shuttle size limitations only a small group will be able to attend this event as part of LAFC. There are no tickets, no reservations. Free parking at Norton Simon. Click here for more info.
- Norton Simon Museum: opening night of "monument"
- Pasadena Museum of History: Celtic music group Straw Boys; exhibit on the history of the wedding dress
- Pasadena City Hall: music inspired by Black History Month and Duke Ellington
- Side Street Projects: interactive sculpture and Allison Adah Johnson's community-based performance
- Alliance Française de Pasadena: guitarist Joe Gamble plays jazz; painter Christophe Deluy
- Armory Center for the Arts: Buddy Zapata's Junkshop Republic plays California-grown soul; photographer Connie Samaras
Right: Pablo Picasso's "Woman with a Book", at Norton Simon
NO SHOW POLICY
Due to the limited number of attendees, members who fail to attend or cancel at the last minute may will be kicked out of LAFC.