Due to popular demand, the Alan-and-Jeff roadshow returns to the KYOSS December meeting for part 2 of the free Git workshop. We'll continue more-or-less where we left off last time, covering some more advanced topics like branching, merging, and collaborating with others in a common Git repository.
If you plan to attend:
- Bring your laptop (free wifi is provided at LVL1). This is an interactive workshop.
- Make sure you have read through the slides from part 1.
- Make sure you have a GitHub account.
- Make sure your Git global config is setup (see the part 1 slides).
- Have some git repo hosted on GitHub (anything -- it can even be a toy repository, or the one from the part 1).
Here's a handy crib sheet that includes instructions on installing git and setting up github, plus video of the first session and other goodies: https://gist.github.com/3867510
See you December 12!
Come and join us! We usually have between 15 and 20 Linux users, admins, and programmers show up. Good conversation and networking and, often, a great presentation or two.
We meet on the second Wednesday of each month at LVL1, Louisville's Hackerspace, in the rear of 814 East Broadway (south side of Broadway, between Logan and Shelby streets). You can park in the ORI parking lot behind the building on Shelby Street. Keep up on the latest by subscribing to our KYOSS discussion list. Just send an email to [masked]. Register and log in to our web site at www.kyoss.org. Keep up on the very latest on our IRC channel: freenode/#kyoss Google StreetView map for LVL1