align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Louisville Linux Meetup Group Message Board › Linux May Meetup moves to Downtown Library and Wednesday, May 10

Linux May Meetup moves to Downtown Library and Wednesday, May 10

John H.
frappyjohn
Group Organizer
Louisville, KY
We've got some new faces and new enthusiasm in our Linux (and PHP) Meetups! At our last meeting we decided to seek a better meeting place and try to build our attendance and membership.

So I reserved the meeting room at the Main Library. Nice central location, plenty of room, and free wireless Internet access for your laptops!

In order to do that, I had to delay the meeting a week. It's now slated for May 10 -- that's Wednesday of next week.

We also decided to keep the joint Linux/PHP arrangement for the time being. But that's an inclusive slash. All Linux users are welcome. All PHP developers are welcome.

Mark it on your calendars ... and why not go ahead and RSVP now while you're thinking of it:

http://linux.meetup.c...­
and
http://php.meetup.com...­

robstr12
user 2746598
Louisville, KY
Post #: 1
My gosh, some L.A.M.P. guys are exactly who I need to talk to.
I got a situation, I can't upload avatars to a phpBB2 board running on OpenBSD. I'm sure that I have the path to the directory where the images go with the correct permissions.

I think the trouble has to do with the OpenBSD, not the board itself. It may be a php.ini thing, I don't know. I'll google hard tomorrow, but will be a user with an unanswered question if I can't resolve it.

Just saying... :)

I can perhaps be of use to a brand new user if any show up, we'll see.

Robert
A former member
Post #: 1
Sorry I missed it. I was feeling really bad last night and slept right through it. I'll catch the next one for sure.
robstr12
user 2746598
Louisville, KY
Post #: 3
I sure would like to walk into the next meeting and be able to report to everybody that I debugged that freaking phpbb2 board something good, but...

...we'll just have to see...
A former member
Post #: 2
I enjoyed the meeting, was good to meet John and Art. Look forward to the next meetings.
robstr12
user 2746598
Louisville, KY
Post #: 4
Yeah, I think it was worthwhile, too.

Hey, Jim Walker... are you running any *nix now? If so, what distro?
robstr12
user 2746598
Louisville, KY
Post #: 5
If you guys wanna give me a holla on myspace, its cool. I'm trying to get my profile looking good.
I've never really sat down and studied the CSS, LOL!

http://www.myspace.com/robstr12­