The Louisville Linux Meetup Group Message Board › Bring better internet providers to Louisville

Bring better internet providers to Louisville

Chris S.
user 12067683
Elizabethtown, KY
Post #: 1
Hey all, I'm a brand new member of the Louisville Linux Meetup Group, so I hope this is ok to ask.

I wanted to share an important petition that a friend of mine started titled "Fair broadband service in Louisville"

If he can get enough signatures he can present the petition to the mayor.

Here's the petition statement:

Petition Statement
Urge the Mayor and Metro Council to not only allow but provide initiative to increase access to broadband Internet service by affording more Internet Service Providers access to open up shop within the Louisville Metro region as the services provided are limited and duopolized leaving consumers nowhere to turn to take their business elsewhere when businesses do not meet expectations.

--End statement--

Here's a link to the petition page:
http://signon.org/sig...­

This is something I strongly agree with, especially considering that insight just raised rates on everything recently and there's nothing I can really do. Who knows, maybe a petition like this will pave the way for Louisville getting services like Google fiber one day. If you agree, please sign and share with your friends and colleagues.