- Three great topics tonight! Something for everyone!
• Privacy and security on the Internet. Encryption, intrusion detection, password storage (using Blowfish), etc. (Alan and Ryan)
• Command-line productivity. Harness the wild prompt and put it to work for you. (Barton)
• NoSQL databases. MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, maybe even Cassandra... (Amar and Alan and maybe Deven)
• Plus! Good food (ham, black eyed peas for starters. Please bring your holiday leftovers to share.)
• Plus! Great people! And plenty of networking opportunities
• Plus! Feel free to being your 'puter for help installing Linux before or after the meeting.
Wednesday, January 8, 2014, 6:30 PM
LVL1 - Louisville's Hackerspace
814 East Broadway
(Park in rear lot and enter from alley)
Louisville, KY (edit map)
Park in the ORI lot on Shelby St. south of Broadway, then cross the alley to the back entrance to 814.
Come and join us! We usually have between 15 and 20 Linux users, admins, and programmers show up. Good conversation and networking and, often, a great presentation or two.
If we don't have an announced program, feel free to come with a discussion topic or a presentation to make to us! (Or just come and join the conversation!)
We meet on the second Wednesday of each month at LVL1, Louisville's Hackerspace, in the rear of 814 East Broadway (south side of Broadway, between Logan and Shelby streets). You can park in the ORI parking lot behind the building on Shelby Street. Keep up on the latest by subscribing to our KYOSS discussion list. Just send an email to email@example.com. Register and log in to our web site at www.kyoss.org. Keep up on the very latest on our IRC channel: freenode/#kyoss Google StreetView map for LVL1