align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo
Matthew M.
user 41774722
Louisville, KY
Hello Gang!
One of the major feedback questions we had about the campaign was, well, feedback. The venue, although one of my favorites, does tend to get a little noisy with all the boardgaming and magic playing going on.
We have Three options available to us..
1) Keep playing same time, same place.  We can opt for a corner section in the back (kind of what I had planned to do at the beginning) and hopefully we can distance ourselve and with my back to the wall can have myself heard better. Viable option, and the easiest one I am seeing so far as we wont have to change much.
2) Play at a person's house.   Mike and Jed have offered their places to play, with Mike available by next meetup.  This is a viable option, the only caution I have about it is that we are guests in someones house and who knows what can happen with kids/ spouses/ etc while we are there.
3) Play on Sunday at Bluegrass Magic.  It's tons quieter there with no big boardgame events or magic tourneys scheduled that day.  This option works only if everyone can play Sunday.  also, the store closes up at 8, so we'd have to start earlier like 3 or so.
Everyone who played last game please reply with your best option and the option you absolutely cant do.  I will relay the results directly so we can get back on schedule!  Thanks!
Mike
GeneralAnnoyance
Louisville, KY
Post #: 36
Well, I prefer option #2, especially when it's my place: active wi-fi, less noise, don't have to worry about a closing time... With regards to kids/S.O./etc., the only issue we've had in the past is Geno (dog). He's very excitably sociable, especially with new people, but as long as Jan is there (which she usually is) there's no problem. And Jan has enough things to keep her occupied, so that's no issue.

One thing I neglected to mention: I've also got a long 'craft table' in the basement that is available. Just need to clear it off (easy, since it's just holding boxes right now), bring chairs down, and clean up the dust in the downstairs bathroom.