Active Heroes (Free shirt) Hike
Come meet with Active Heroes founders, Troy and Mareike, who walked 7880 miles across America. We are kick starting our National Memory Miles Challenge to help military families in need. Each hiker will be given a free shirt (to the first 20 people who register if sizes are available) and we will have a film team documenting our 3-4 mile hike. If you are interested in being on film for an interview, please show up by 9:30am.
This hike will include a speech about Active Heroes, walking for a good cause and an introduction to the Active Heroes Iphone app to track your miles for charity.
Bernheim charges $5 to enter the park on weekends.
* Difficulty level: easy
* Distance and Pace: 3-4 miles at 1-2 mph. Easy hike because we are filming.
* Route: We will begin at Lake Nevin Loop parking lot and use the Millennium trail to cut back through Gorilla Hollow area. We will circle back to Lake Nevin.
* Regrouping: We will circle back to Lake Nevin towards the end of the hike. People are welcomed to continue to hike afterwards.
* Special Populations: dogs, and children are welcomed.
* What to Bring: hiking gear. We will want you to wear the free shirt for the filming
* Special considerations: easy hike. Film team might coordinate a few stops for angled shots.
Map Link to Location: http://www.bernheim.org/map.html
Directions to Location: enter Bernheim and take the loop to the left all the way back around to the first parking lot next to Lake Nevin. Meet near Garden pavilion next to Lake Nevin at 10am