NOTE: THERE'S A GOOD CHANCE THAT IT MAY BE TOO MUDDY TO HIKE WITHOUT DAMAGING THE TRAILS. IF THAT'S THE CASE WE WILL WALK THE SCENIC LOOP (ROAD) FOR TWO OR THREE LAPS.
***SIGN UP ON THE WAITING LIST. ***
I WILL MOVE ANYONE WHO HAS COMPLETED ONE LAP OF SILTSTONE / PURPLE HEART COURSE IN UNDER 2 HOURS BY THE TIME OF THE EVENT OVER TO THE "YES" LIST.
Hiking for Health CHALLENGE
Event #1 of 6
(Previous completion of a Level 2 or higher event required)
This is the first in a series of six progressive CHALLENGE EVENTS designed to challenge all of you who have been working toward a healthier body during the Hiking for Health series.
1. Everyone who has completed a Level 2 or higher event is welcome to join us! Yes RSVP's from those who have not completed a Level 2 or higher event will be evaluated on a case by case basis based on previous hiking experience and fitness level.
2. For more information about the Hiking for Health Series, click HERE!
3. For a description of "levels" and how to find your level click HERE.
4. For a list of STRETCH GOAL events click HERE. Pick a milestone event you want to attend and start working toward your goal! We will give you all the help you want.
* Difficulty level: Moderate (Level 2 or higher)
* Distance and pace: 6 miles, 2.5-3 mph
* Elevation change: Equivalent to climbing up and down a 50 story building
* Regrouping: This is a Level 2 event so we will stop at the tops of hills but we will push to keep close to a 3 mph pace.
* What to Bring: Comfortable shoes, water
* Special considerations: Its possible that the trail may be muddy in places. If its too muddy the event will be cancelled.
* Route: - Please click HERE and print this map and bring it with you.