11311 Mitchell Hill Rd
Tom Wallace Recreation Center
A strenuous 4.5 mile Fitness hike for those who feel the need for speed on the Siltstone and Purple Heart trails at Jefferson Memorial Forest. There are lots of very steep hills, so it's not easy.
* Difficulty level: Strenuous due to steep hills
* Distance and Pace: 4.5 miles, a fast pace workout
* Regrouping: We will regroup twice during the hike
* What to Bring: Comfortable shoes, water
* Special considerations: Very small chance of poisonous snakes and skunks.
* Route: - From the Welcome Center on the Siltstone Trail to the Purple Heart Trail, counter clockwise around the Purple Heart, then back the way we came.
MapQuest Link to Welcome Center http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?city=f...
Directions to Welcome Center: 1. From I-65 take I-265 West (Gene Snyder Freeway). 2. Take the New Cut Road exit and turn left (south). 3. Travel approximately 1.2 miles. At the yellow flashing light, turn right onto Mitchelll Hill Road. 4. Travel 1.5 miles. Turn left into the Welcome Center parking lot (11311 Mitchell Hill Road). The Welcome Center is a white, two-story building with a red roof.