General description: I am going to host a series of very easy entry level "walks" on Sunday evenings over the next month to test the waters & see if there is a demand out there for it.
This is very much an entry level, but brisk walk. Due to the simplicity of the trail, everyone can go at their own pace. Challenging yourself will be highly encouraged. I believe this will be a pleasant walk.
* Difficulty level: 1 - This is intended to be an easy, friendly walk. There is only one long hill that may be difficult for some.
* Distance and Pace: We will be going around the 1 mile loop 3 times for 3 miles. Will be slightly over 3 miles if you include the walk from and back to the parking lot. The pace will be completely up to the ability of each individual.
*Duration: This should not take over 1.5 hours to complete.
* Route: The 1 mile loop
* Regrouping: We will regroup at the trail head after each lap around the loop so I know if anyone has decided to leave before the 3rd mile.
* Special Populations: Dogs are welcomed but please be considerate of others. This is a wide open park setting so they should be able to run. If your dog is cutting in front of people and causing them to stumble on the trail you may want to consider keeping them on a leash.
* What to Bring: Bring water & Good walking shoes. Bug repellent is recommended.
* Special considerations:No rest room facilities at these trails, however there are restrooms at the main park between the football fields and the Aquatic Center. There is a Marathon gas station at the corner of Hwy 146 & 393 if you want to buy your water there or use the restroom.
The terrain is prepared wide gravel trails. Ticks are typically not an issue on this trail, however you are outdoors so it is always possible to pick one up. Use your own judgement whether or not you want to use bug repellent.
The address above is for the main park. The Greenway Trails are to the right of the main park and Aquatic Center beside the OC Youth Football fields. See the image below. The direct driving instructions to the parking lot is below.
Driving directions to Jones Dr
From I-71N Exit 18 (Centerfield/Buckner) Turn left onto KY-393 (from I-71S turn right)
Go approximately 3/4 mile and turn left onto Hwy 146.
Go approximately .1 Mile and turn right, beside the High School, to get back on Hwy 393
Jones Drive is about .2 miles on the right, just past the Auto Repair Shop.
Follow the road back toward the football fields and park there.
If you pass up Jones Dr. the next right is the main park entrance.