SATURDAY SPECIAL MORNING HIKE
A beautiful senic 10 mile hike for those who wish to enjoy the forest this Saturday morning. THERE ARE LOTS OF VERY STEEP HILLS, so its not easy. We will be mostly in the Horine section.
* Difficulty level: Strenuous due to steep hills and distance
* Distance and Pace: 10 Miles, faster pace workout
* Route: A special mix of the Blue, Red, and Orange trails in the Horine section.
* Regrouping: We will stay together the entire hike and take a couple of breaks as needed
* What to Bring: Comfortable shoes, lots of water, a snack and bug spray
* Special considerations: Possible encounter with poison ivy, ticks and a very small chance of a poisonous snake
Map Link to Location: http://www.mapquest.com/map.adp/city=f...
Directions to Location:1. From I-65 take I-265 West (Gene Snyder Freeway). 2. Take New Cut Road exit and turn left (south) 3. Travel appoximately 1.2 miles. At yellow flashing light, turn right onto Mitchell Hill Road. 4. Travel 1.5 miles. turn left into the Welcome Center parking lot (11311 Mitchell Hill Road). The Welcome Center is a white, two story building with a red roof.