Hardin County, West Point, KY
Fort Duffield is a fairly strenuous hike due to several hills. However, we will take it slow and stop as necessary if people need a break. We will hike together as a group and no one will be left behind.
* Difficulty level: Fairly Strenuous due to hills but we will take it slow and easy.
* Distance and Pace: 4 miles, at a very casual pace. Pace will be determined by the group.
* Regrouping: We will hike as a group and break as necessary. No one will be left behind. No regrouping required.
* What to Bring: Comfortable shoes, water and maybe a snack and definitely bring your camera!
* Highlights of the Hike: Great view of the Ohio River, Salt River, the city of West Point and Ohio Valley Raceway. The historic cemetery and the fort at the top of the hill. Two modern day teepees along the trail. One complete with fire place and 2nd story loft.
* Special considerations: Very small chance of poisonous snakes and skunks.
* Pets: Welcome!
* Route: - From the parking lot we will pick up the Red Loop trail at the bottom of the hill and go clockwise around Fort Duffield. We will stop at the cemetery and the fort during our hike. There are several places for photo ops along the way, like the one above.
* Note: There are no restrooms at the starting point of the hike. However, there are two at the fort. Well they are outhouses not actual restrooms, but they serve their purpose.
Google Link to Fort Duffield: Google Link for directions from I-65 and Gene Snyder
Directions to Fort Duffield: From I-65 take 841 West (Gene Snyder Freeway).9.6 miles to the Dixie Highway exit. Turn left (South) at the bottom of the ramp at the stop light. Go 8 miles and turn left on to Salt River Drive in West Point. Go about 400 ft and turn right on to Honeysuckle Lane. Honeysuckle lane will dead end in the parking lot. You have arrived.
Act now and get 50% off.
Until February 1.