A scenic workout hike for those who wish to enjoy morning in the forest.
* Difficulty level: Strenuous due to steep hills, distance, and pace
* Distance, Pace, and Duration: 10 miles, faster pace workout, about 3-1/2 to 4 hours
* Route: A mix of the Blue, Red, and Orange trails in the Horine Section, starting from the Welcome Center
* Regrouping: We will stay together the entire hike and take several short breaks
* What to Bring: Comfortable shoes, lots of water, a snack
* Special considerations: Chance of poison ivy, ticks and poisonous snakes
Map to location: click here
Directions to Location:1. From I-65 take I-265 West (Gene Snyder Freeway). 2. Take New Cut Road exit and turn left (south) 3. Travel approximately 1.2 miles. At yellow flashing light, turn right onto Mitchell Hill Road. 4. Travel 1.5 miles. turn left into the Welcome Center parking lot (11311 Mitchell Hill Road). The Welcome Center is a white, two story building with a red roof.