Love-A-Bull Pit Bull Meetup Message Board › PLEASE STOP WITH THE, "REDNOSE, BLUENOSE PITBULL" THING.

PLEASE STOP WITH THE, "REDNOSE, BLUENOSE PITBULL" THING. You don't have either!!!!!!!!

WOLFSENT
user 8188794
Corpus Christi, TX
Post #: 5
PLEASE, can we all teach some in the group, and out , that there is no such thing as a rednose or bluenose pitbull!!! If you have a TRUE rednose pit, you have a very rare dog. The name REDNOSE is thrown around like the word HERO in this day and age. In short, it started way back and they were known as Old Family Reds. That was shortened to rednosed. I'm not going to write a book on the facts on here...just do your research and, FOR THE LOVE OF PITTIES...STOP saying your pit is a rednose or bluenose, just because he has a red or blueish nose. We have enough problems without throwing more wrenches into the mix
germanny
germanny
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
For that matter, you should stop calling them pittbulls. That's a label, not an actual breed name. http://en.wikipedia.o...­
hdbuddy
user 9642149
Austin, TX
Post #: 2
Are you 5 years old?
1) save your garbage post for your twitter or myspace page.
2) do not rely on the organizers to do everything for you, I'm sure they have more than enough meaningful things to occupy their time.
3) if you are going to take the time to post and complain, take the extra few minutes to explain and share the information you claim you already know.

A former member
Post #: 2
Do you have nothing better to do than to criticize others on the way they decide to describe there dogs. Its more of a description than anything. So find something more productive to do with your time.
A former member
Post #: 18
All in All - Everyone needs to grow up. How defensive everyone gets over these simple things. "Pit Bull" is a very generic term used for at least 4 breeds. Yes people should be taught the differences between these breeds, but most have no idea.

In the 15 some odd years I have been training dogs and the various other things. I have heard alot of descriptions of Pit's that are not always true or by those that are not properly educated on what they have. Many using the term Gator Mouth Pit Bull. There is no such thing, but many believe there is. In fact is is only a description and not a "breed."

The same applies to APBT when it comes to colors and variations. That red or blue nose, brindle, , blues, reds, tans, chocolates, buff, blonde, black or white are all descriptions. There is not a breed of Pit's called Red Nose or Blue Nose just simpply that is the color of your dog's nose. And before people get defensive about that. I have a White APBT that has a red nose. I have a Staffordshire and 2 Blue Merles. And I have read and seen many different posts on the Blue Merles. But I don't run around saying I have a rare breed of Pit. They just simply are an uncommon color. That was not natural to the APBT or any one of the other Bully Breeds. Just as with my white female - She has liver spots on her skin and I have heard people call her "rare speckled pit." Which is not true.

If you are lucky enough to have a a Bully that came from one of these truly rare bloodlines - Then more power to you. So many people these days say I have a rare red nose or blue nose or whatever. Fact of the matter - There is NO rare anything left. They are a dime a dozen. Take a look at an shelter list. 100's and 1,000's of these dogs poor into shelters, rescues and onto the streets everyday.

Just like labs they come in 3 colors. Black, Yellow, Chocolate are colors not breeds of Labs. And then there are a few variations of the Yellows from light to dark and at the end of the day they are Labs. Ridgebacks come in red or brown and a few years back Black surfaced - That is rare.

If in trying to educate people, the general public and anyone else - All Bully owners should know their facts and information. If we are all here to protect the breeds and show are devotion to all of them. Know that all these dogs no matter what they look like - from nose color to fur color to the type of mouth, height, weight or anything else what you really have.

In the end they all started out in the same place in the 16th Century and over the many many years we have the dogs of now. The Original Bull Dog of old was used to generate many breeds that include APBT, Am. Staffordshires, Staffordshires, Bull Terrier, Min. Bull Terrier, Am. Bulldog, French Bulldog, Boston Terriers, Olde English Bulldogs, Bull Mastiff, Boxer,English Bulldog.

So, don't criticize each other or anything else. We are here to learn and teach.
S.A.D. Dog Sushi L...
saddogsushi
Austin, TX
Post #: 164
Misty,

Just wanted to say that I appreciate your post and your wisdom on the subject. You are definitely bringing back what is important-to protect the breed and show devotion-not argue about what sub breed they are or are not.

Thank you for posting.

Alissa
A former member
Post #: 35
my pitbull's nose is red...
A former member
Post #: 33
And like I said - Mine has a red nose too. But it is only a color. Doesn't make them a different breed than the rest.

APBT come in a variety of colors - both fur and noses.
JOHN
user 85186972
Warner Robins, GA
Post #: 1
For that matter, you should stop calling them pittbulls. That's a label, not an actual breed name. http://en.wikipedia.o...­
WHY DONT U TAKE YOUR RETARTED NON BREED KNOWING SELF ON SOME KITTY CAT FORUMS OK! CAUSE LAST TIME I CHECKED! PITBULL WAS STILL AN OFFICIAL BREED! PEOPLE ,, KNOW WHAT UR TALKIN ABOUT BEFORE U LOOK REALLY STUPID! LIKE THIS GIRL!
Christine W.
user 14012946
Austin, TX
Post #: 9
roflmao! When I looked at my email I saw this I was like..really..really! With all the other things going on with the breed folks are worried about names smh!