Love-A-Bull Pit Bull Meetup Message Board › Any Pit Bull Friendly Apts. In Austin?

Any Pit Bull Friendly Apts. In Austin?

A former member
Post #: 1
I am going to be leaving my current place in Feb. or Mar.(not PB friendly) Is there ANY place in austin, apartment, condo, townhome, rental home, ANYTHING that is pit bull friendly? I have one pit and I am probably getting a little female from a co-worker soon, and I am tired of having to hide my dog at my current place. PLease help!!:)
A former member
I have one pit, and i stay at "The Gables At The Terrace" They are pit bull freindly and you can have up two dogs as long as they are under a certain weight, i forget what it was but its 150 or so, but they are very pet freindly and you dont have to do a pet interview, Its also near the green belt where you can take your dog for hikes and swims....I also found that just about any of the Gables apartments will take pit bulls..
A former member
Post #: 2
So you can tell them straight up that you have a pit bull, and they will be fine with it?
A former member
Post #: 3
I just called Gables At The Terrace and they siad their policy was changed about a month ago. No pit bulls allowed.:(
A former member
Post #: 2
Wow are you serious, They havent told me anything, there are about 6 pit bulls, and four rots, and a doberman here, and i take my pitty to the office all the time, matter of fact we were just in there talking to the ladies..I'm sorry
A former member
Post #: 40
Anderson Springs. It's located off of 183/290 intersection. If you go south from IH 35, it's the last apartment building on the right a short distance before you hit 290. I rescued a pit bull from some people who lived there and about 6 years ago, I looked at an apartment there and there was no problem. You probably should call and check.

The other option is tell them that your dogs are an American Staffordshire Terrier. If they argue, pull up "can you spot the pitbull?" website. There are 25 other dogs often mistaken for pitbulls. I garuntee you, they won't be able to pick out the pitbull.

AKC standards are so vague that almost any dog can fit them.

Good Luck!
A former member
Post #: 4
I've been looking at alot of apartments online, and in thier breed restrictions they specifically mention american staffordshire terriers as well.:(
A former member
Post #: 5
Hey Louis, I just sent you a message.
A former member
Post #: 12
Im at the University village apartments-- They allowed my pitbull-- Then again i kinda over did it, but i had my vet change the breed to Dogo Argentino/boxer mix-- Took pictures of him playing off of congress with other dogs-- They allowed him despite they dont allow pitbulls-- the dogo worked because he was white
A former member
Im at Balcones Woods, I have 1 pit, told them she is an American Staffshire Terrier, they were fine with it. There is another woman with two. They say they have a weight limit of 50lbs, but kimmie is 65lbs and I have seen bigger so I dont think they really care too much.