In Celebration of Pit Bull Awareness Day: Texas-Sized Pittie Pride Festival, A World Record Setting Event
Bigger and better than last year, this year we will go for an even bigger world record for gathering the most pitties in one place!! Like last year, we will be parading up the Congress Avenue Bridge and ending in Republic Square Park for a Pittie Pride Festival.
We are honored to have our Parade Grand Marshalled by the cast of Animal Planet's Mega Hit, Pit Bulls and Paroleesas well as Gordon "Shotgun" Shell, Mixed Martial Arts Fighter and Animal Advocate. And, break out your best pittie costumes, because it will be a Howl-O-Ween themed event this year!Keep checking back at love-a-bull.org for details and constant updates!You won't want to miss this year's celebration of National Pit Bull Awareness Day!
Love-A-Bull began as a Meetup Group in 2003, and though it has since grown into a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, it still maintains its presence on Meetup.com to attract new members, distribute information, promote activities, and facilitate public interaction. Our main site is www.love-a-bull.org.
The mission of Love-A-Bull is to promote responsible guardianship and improve the image of pit bull type dogs through education, advocacy, and rescue. Love-A-Bull regularly hosts fun activities, but our main goal is to increase awareness of issues that affect pit bull type dogs and their guardians.
Specifically, Love-A-Bull is committed to:
* Educating the public about responsible guardianship of pit bull type dogs;
* Promoting and reviving the positive image of the All-American dog that once was the pit bull;
* Dispelling the many urban myths that have developed regarding pit bull type dogs;
* Promoting and supporting the spaying and neutering of all pit bull type dogs;
* Fighting against Breed-Discriminatory Legislation (BDL) targeting pit bull type dogs;
* Providing training and support to the families of pit bull type dogs;
* Working to eliminate dog fighting;
* Supporting the rescue and re-homing of pit bull type dogs.
Our group is composed of members that live in Austin and the surrounding areas, as well as national members who wish to support our mission. We welcome the support of proud pit bull parents and others interested in supporting the above ideals and those who will work to further our goals.